F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think about this deal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 09:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What do you think about this deal?

Hi all,

I'm about to pull the trigger on the following deal. I thought it looks ok.
Please tell me what you think.

2016 V6S AWD
performance seat
extended leather pack
premium/vision/climate pack
black pack
interior black pack
wheel locks

MSRP $97,695
Negotiated price $93,195
Money factor 0.00188
Residual 68% (although it listed 67% on the sheet but I've checked this with the dealer and they calculated the payment with 68%)

Old 08-27-2015, 10:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would shoot for at least $5,000 off MSRP which is what I got but there still may be an additional $550.00 - $1000.00 to work on.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

What are admin/doc fees plus regs fees? Lic, title and lien also seems like alot.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by jaguny
What are admin/doc fees plus regs fees? Lic, title and lien also seems like alot.
You are right. It is a lot especially when the average doc fee in Iowa is $150. I tried negotiating on this but the dealer wouldn't budge.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by martybmw
I would shoot for at least $5,000 off MSRP which is what I got but there still may be an additional $550.00 - $1000.00 to work on.
Did you just get your car? Is it also a 2016? Thanks.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

I would think you could get a much better deal (sans all the fake fees) from a real Jag dealer. Willis is not an authorized dealer, but is instead a reseller. Why aren't you working directly with Jaguar Des Moines?

Last edited by Unhingd; 08-28-2015 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
I would think you could get a much better deal (sans all the fake fees) from a real Jag dealer. Willis is not an authorized dealer, but is instead a reseller. Why aren't you working directly with Jaguar Des Moines?
Thanks for chiming in.
Willis is Jaguar Des Moines, and they are authorized Jaguar dealer. Unfortunately they are also the only dealer in Iowa.

The current offer is $4,500 off MSRP. I can try negotiating a bit harder and probably getting few hundred bucks off. However, putting things into perspective, few hundred bucks may not come out to be a significant difference in lease payment. What do you consider a fair deal nowadays, given the time of year/model? Thanks.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You're getting killed with those makey-uppey fees. >$4,100 across 4 fees negates whatever you're getting off the capital cost reduction.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

yea, I would investigate more on the admin fees. There's a destination/delivery charge + DMV reg fees...but not sure what the admin and other reg fees are...

Old 08-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Pontsu
Thanks for chiming in.
Willis is Jaguar Des Moines, and they are authorized Jaguar dealer. Unfortunately they are also the only dealer in Iowa.

The current offer is $4,500 off MSRP. I can try negotiating a bit harder and probably getting few hundred bucks off. However, putting things into perspective, few hundred bucks may not come out to be a significant difference in lease payment. What do you consider a fair deal nowadays, given the time of year/model? Thanks.
Discount off msrp is the biggest factor in reducing your monthly payments in a lease.
Source: my cat

Old 08-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

You should look to get a comparison quote for the same or similar model elsewhere. There is nothing that requires you purchase a vehicle in the same area as you live, or even in the same state. If you get comparison quotes, you can at least bring those to the local dealer to get them to match.

You should also talk to your DMV and other local car dealers (even if not a JLR dealer) to collect information on the typical fees required to lease a new vehicle in your area.

As it is you're looking at $4,147 in fees:

Acquisition Fee ($795)
This is probably your lease origination fee, which is generally mandatory as it is charged by the bank as part of processing the loan paperwork.

Admin/Doc Fee ($649)
These fees can almost always be waived as they are the cost the dealership charges to cover the time their finance team spends to process your paperwork.

Lic/Title/Lien ($780)
I assume this is the actual DMV registration, which is probably reasonable.

Reg Fee ($1,923)
I have no idea what this could be... to be that high it would either have to be taxes of some kind or its just your dealership adding some fee. If the DMV doesn't back up this fee, you should demand it be waived or explained in better detail (especially if the other local dealerships don't show the same fee.)

I purchased my car a few months back and aside from the price of the car itself and sales taxes, I paid for the DMV title fees and that's it. They waived everything else. However I didn't lease mine, so I didn't have to worry about lease origination fee. I don't live in your state though.

Last edited by Merlin; 08-28-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You folks all sound like you got money to burn. I hope it's worth whatever time outside of driving and admiring your machines it takes to get it. I'm independent old school: fix anything I can for both savings and enjoyment, with lots of time to do most anything I want when I want. Who can afford anything British unless you got the dough or the know? I read plenty, including these posts, but things like learning to start my wrecked parts car with a remote fuel pump (done this morning with the smartest redneck mechanic in the world) to see how the motor ran gives reason to theory, and more satisfaction than playing with dealers and figures. I thank the wrenches who participate in this forum and wish good-luck to those with mechanical,etc., problems who have to visit a dealer for everything.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MarathonJohn
You folks all sound like you got money to burn. I hope it's worth whatever time outside of driving and admiring your machines it takes to get it. I'm independent old school: fix anything I can for both savings and enjoyment, with lots of time to do most anything I want when I want. Who can afford anything British unless you got the dough or the know? I read plenty, including these posts, but things like learning to start my wrecked parts car with a remote fuel pump (done this morning with the smartest redneck mechanic in the world) to see how the motor ran gives reason to theory, and more satisfaction than playing with dealers and figures. I thank the wrenches who participate in this forum and wish good-luck to those with mechanical,etc., problems who have to visit a dealer for everything.
? not really sure your point. the OP is just asking for advice on a lease of a car...it's like asking for advice on buying/renting a house, good deals on vacation packages, best place to buy a new refrigeration, etc. The entire point of all this is we don't have money to burn, otherwise we wouldn't care what it costs...

Old 08-29-2015, 08:04 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

WTF - how is this relevant to the OP's question? Thanks for the non sequitur.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

This doesn't help anyone, bud.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by tiger4366
WTF - how is this relevant to the OP's question? Thanks for the non sequitur.
Lol. You should see the hate the Ferrari guys get. Must people hate rich people, without consideration as to the source of their wealth or their personalities.
Back to the point: OP, talk to other dealers, particularly SoCal and Florida, those advertise the lowest lease numbers.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:38 AM
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by hardwired
Lol. You should see the hate the Ferrari guys get. Must people hate rich people, without consideration as to the source of their wealth or their personalities.
Back to the point: OP, talk to other dealers, particularly SoCal and Florida, those advertise the lowest lease numbers.
Agree with your first and second points. Ferrari and Lambo guys get so much unnecessary flack. Like you said, crosscheck lease agreements and proceed accordingly. Best deal and service gets my business. Good luck, OP.

Old 08-29-2015, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

I have purchased and leased many cars "long distance", and most if not all satisfactory to very satisfactory deals.

Agree, get other competitive bids first, and make your comparisons. There are a lot of great deals out there, just be patient and "shop"

Good Luck.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member

one thing about buying out of state (at least for CA)...it's kind of a PITA. I got my in Nevada...had to do this VIN verification, had to deal with SMOG (yes, on brand new car bought from dealer). Maybe other states are not as PITA, but if the savings is not significant it's probably not worth your time dealing with these issues.

Old 08-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Pontsu
You are right. It is a lot especially when the average doc fee in Iowa is $150. I tried negotiating on this but the dealer wouldn't budge.
They can't take off the DOC fee. If they do it for one person they have to do it for everyone otherwise it is discrimination.

Quick Reply: What do you think about this deal?