F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What F-Type would you like to see?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default What F-Type would you like to see?

I've mentioned here before, but I work in sales at Galpin Jaguar in Los Angeles. In addition to my sales duties, I'm also responsible for placing orders to stock our inventory. I didn't really do anything to earn this job, I'm just the youngest person here and I understand how Jaguar's computer system works...

Anyway, we were given a fresh allocation of 9 F-Types that I can order today. These are cars that will be built in September and delivered in late October/early Novemeber. I'm planning to order 3 roadsters (1 of each engine variety) and 6 coupes (2 of each engine variety).

I thought it might be fun to ask all of you if there are any paint/wheel/leather/option/etc combinations that you haven't seen that you'd like to see. If you'd like to participate, just go to the F-Type configurator, build a car, and post the link.

For example, I've just ordered this car. I'm a big fan of the Brogue interior and we had a Dark Sapphire/Brogue V6S roadster here last year that just looked stunning!!

If I like the car you build (and it's not too outlandish...) I'll order the car, then post pictures of the car once it lands here in approx. 4 months.

Have fun!!

Old 06-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I love the Brogue, also, and ordered it with Stratus Grey for my V8S roadster

Last edited by drgek; 06-27-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:15 PM

Nice! We had a Lunar Grey/Brogue V8S that really grew on me the more I looked at it. I wasn't a fan a first (grey and brown don't naturally go together, IMO), but I wound up liking it a lot.

Originally Posted by drgek
I love the Bogue, also, and ordered it with Stratus Grey for my V8S roadster

Old 06-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by drgek
I love the Bogue, also, and ordered it with Stratus Grey for my V8S roadster
The Brogue is one of my favorites too. I was sad they wouldn't offer it on the R. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't make the dash match. I didn't think Black and Brown looked quite as good together (In comparison to the V8 Vantage's I've seen with full brown interior)

The following users liked this post:
pabanker (06-25-2014)
Old 06-23-2014, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by ungineer
The Brogue is one of my favorites too. I was sad they wouldn't offer it on the R. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't make the dash match. I didn't think Black and Brown looked quite as good together (In comparison to the V8 Vantage's I've seen with full brown interior)
I can see where you're coming from, but I think the 2-tone looks a bit sportier. I think it works in the F-Type.

That said, the dealership where I work also carries Aston Martin, and I'm responsible for ordering Astons as well. I just had an order come in last week for a DB9 Volante in Stratus White with full Bitter Chocolate leather interior, along with matching Bitter Chocolate carpet and convertible top. Seriously stunning and one of my favorites!!!

Old 06-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

I ordered a base Coupe in Polaris White with both the exterior and interior Black packages, the 19" Black Centrifuge wheels plus a few small options that only brought the MSRP up to $72,975...when I emailed the specs to my local dealer he though the car looked brilliant and suggested to his manager that they order a few in that configuration as stock units.

To me, it has the look of a $100k car but it won't break the bank and makes for a great ad car...can you tell I was in the business,lol?

Old 06-23-2014, 11:50 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

This is what I was looking at ordering around that time. Still trying to decide if I want jet leather interior or to go with the suede option.
Build your F-TYPE - SUMMARY

That Sapphire with Brogue will be nice to see in the flesh.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Sapphire Blue exterior with the brown ("Brogue") leather is a fantastic combo, except the carpet really needs to be brown too (and the center console). You should also do a BRG with tan interior, another classic.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19,166 Likes on 7,746 Posts

Matt..I know I'm a bit late..but..just wondering...Galpin has two Ultimates with black amethyst exterior color.
If it's not too late, maybe one F-Type could be ordered with that color (other colors and equi.p optional), then Galpin could display the F-Type between the other two in the showroom..
Oh wellll...

Old 06-27-2014, 01:21 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,406 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Another vote for Dark Sapphire - it's a fabulous colour (sorry, color)!

Old 06-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pabanker
Sapphire Blue exterior with the brown ("Brogue") leather is a fantastic combo, except the carpet really needs to be brown too (and the center console). You should also do a BRG with tan interior, another classic.
I agree, would be fantastic if the whole dash were brogue.
Another combination that may work well with Dark Sapphire is Mineral Grey Seats and carpet with Cirrus stitching.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jayt2
Matt..I know I'm a bit late..but..just wondering...Galpin has two Ultimates with black amethyst exterior color.
If it's not too late, maybe one F-Type could be ordered with that color (other colors and equi.p optional), then Galpin could display the F-Type between the other two in the showroom..
Oh wellll...
Great suggestion. I actually ordered a Black Amyethyst R Coupe with Jet/Ivory interior (and an ivory leather headliner!!) that will be here in early August.

Very excited to see that car!

Old 06-27-2014, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by ungineer
Another combination that may work well with Dark Sapphire is Mineral Grey Seats and carpet with Cirrus stitching.
We sold a roadster a few months ago that had this color combo. Looked fantastic! Only lasted a couple days before someone bought it.

Since I already ordered two Dark Sapphire cars in this round of allocation (one V6S and one R), I'll probably hold off on adding a third, but that's definitely a color combo I want to see again in the future.