F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are they saying back there?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:38 AM
Received 172 Likes on 124 Posts

The interest seems to have dropped off for some reason, When I first got mine people would come close to having accidents regularly trying to get a better lokkk at the car and there was lots of head turning and comments at gas stations etc.

Last year or so, virtually nothing, not sure why because there still aren't thousands of them around.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

I have to say that I rarely if at all give a damn about what others think of the car, any car that turns "MY" head for me. In fact, I get more head turns, stops, inputs etc., in a nice and genuine way about my F-Pace, than the F-Type. The F-Type is always clean, looks crisp, clean, sexy, and growls that "R" engine note, especially in "Dynamic" mode. It is almost "stealth" in reaction, the way I like it to be. My enjoyment!!!

Now the F-Pace, you can't go anywhere without a statement, input, comment and questions about it. The other night a good friend and I were walking to the parking lot, and his car was parked next to mine. He says...."Hey, what is this". I said a Jaguar, and he couldn't stop mouth watering over it, which I understand but again.....the complete opposite reaction to the F-Type.

In summary, I like the silence on one and am puzzled on the 100% opposite on the other. Let this be the worst thing on earth.....right?

Old 06-23-2017, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

The reactions and comments on my ftype have not stopped or diminished in any way in over a year of ownership. The white exterior prevents it from blending I expect.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Every time I'm driving the car in sunny conditions, I get people yelling favorable comments at me. Not very often when it's cloudy. That's the impact of xirallic paint.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

"What's behind me isn't important"

Sorry Officer - you've been following me for How Many miles?!?