F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where have all the F types gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 03:37 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Where have all the F types gone

Today I was at the Larz Anderson British Car day event in the Boston area. The show was dominated by Jags, especially E types - who knew so many existed in the North East. Every make of British car I could think of was present and yet, apart from a dealership's exhibit, not a single other F type was brought to the event. I was amazed, I was bringing mine mainly because I didn't think there would be any manual transmissions represented, who knew there wouldn't be any others.
Saying that, I met a bunch of great people and was amazed at just how much interest my car generated.
As you can see by the pictures I got the prime spot for my car. Interestingly, being in a Brit fest it was also brought home to me how big this car is for a British sports car - amongst the Astons, Healey's, MGs, lotus, McLaren's, triumphs, Caterham and others, the f type is quite honestly.... American Stig - albeit a stunning looking version. Indeed it was quite simply one of the best looking cars amongst some really stiff competition.
Anyways, amazing day and hopefully see some of you here next year

Attached Thumbnails Where have all the F types gone-larz-anderson-red-jags-1-.jpg   Where have all the F types gone-larz-anderson-red-jags-2.jpg   Where have all the F types gone-larz-anderson-red-jags-3-4-.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by AbyJag:
jaguny (06-26-2017), spindoc (06-25-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 641 Likes on 410 Posts

Its just not a car extremely popular with that crowd. I think that's the main reason. The average F type owner probably isn't interested in going to a British specific car show.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,652 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
The average F type owner probably isn't interested in going to a British specific car show.
+1. But the reverse is a different situation. When we were at the Hellerstown British car show, a number of E-type owners professed to be lusting after an F-Type.

Originally Posted by AbyJag
I was amazed, I was bringing mine mainly because I didn't think there would be any manual transmissions represented, who knew there wouldn't be any others.
Btw, of the 10 F-Types at the Hellerstown show, 30% were MTs.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 625 Likes on 529 Posts

Mine won first place in its age class last year at a similar annual show that included all European makes. It's attendees that vote for their favorite, so they seemed to like the ftype. No other f types at that show, but I would've thought Boston area may attract a few. Is it advertised as a vintage car show?

Old 06-26-2017, 09:14 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Those sounds like two neat events - I can't deny that I thought my car deserved an award just for being awesome but I knew it couldn't compete with some of the others - it ultimately looked like a new car (and mighty happy am I that it did after driving through the winter).
One common comment was that it was the best red of the many red jags on display - I agree though I wouldn't turn sign the red E type next to it as a partner in the garage