F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has ordered the 6 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 07:28 PM
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

White 92 LS coupe. I remember when I went to Stevens Creek Acura, and the salesman tried to tell me how good the automatic was, how automatic transmissions were "that good now" (1992). So the car shows up, and all the sales guys want to drive it.

"It's a completely different car" they tell me.

No kidding, huh? How is that a surprise to anyone.

The sales guy at Plano Jag (shout out to Paul Light), only tried for a couple of minutes into an auto F Type, his angle was the V8.

I predict the same will be true with these manual F's. The car will be in a class by itself.

Orkney

Old 03-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Orkney
I predict the same will be true with these manual F's. The car will be in a class by itself.
+1. Manual shift cars are always a different experience than their automatic brethren. As most of the regulars on this forum already know, I just don't like driving any automatics. It's just a personal preference.. no use in arguing the point. However, the F-Type manual does have a hokey shaped shifter. I'll have Rennline or Whalen build me a real knob that sits low on the shaft.
Whalen

Rennline

Whalen will custom engrave and I was considering the Jag head rather than the shift pattern.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member
Unhappy May 18 Order Call for the 6 speed

One of our forum members who works at a dealership just informed me that the first order call for the 6 speeds will be May 18. Plus 130 days based on the experience of recent buyers (another thread) would put the first deliveries at late July or early August. Very disappointing, since my dealer recently indicated that they were told the first call might be at the end of this month.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
One of our forum members who works at a dealership just informed me that the first order call for the 6 speeds will be May 18. Plus 130 days based on the experience of recent buyers (another thread) would put the first deliveries at late July or early August. Very disappointing, since my dealer recently indicated that they were told the first call might be at the end of this month.
Well, that sucks Lance. Hopefully this date sticks.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Well, that sucks Lance. Hopefully this date sticks.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Wow, that is just totally inexcusable and an incredibly botched roll-out of the much anticipated manual. They started hyping this thing last fall, so now the first deliveries are nearly a year later. They're screwing up the same way with the XE roll-out in the US.

I'm becoming less and less impressed with this company every day.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 641 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh

I'm becoming less and less impressed with this company every day.
You're not the only one. Jaguar N/A called me the other day and said AWD models weren't going to be released from the port until mid April, but they insist they get their information from the same place my dealer does. My dealer says week of March 28th. I don't know who to believe.

Also the only company I've ever called where you have to put a request in to speak to a supervisor and then wait for them to call you in two to three business days.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:35 AM
Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

Well, it is a 2016. There're still 9 months until 2016.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
You're not the only one. Jaguar N/A called me the other day and said AWD models weren't going to be released from the port until mid April, but they insist they get their information from the same place my dealer does. My dealer says week of March 28th. I don't know who to believe.

Also the only company I've ever called where you have to put a request in to speak to a supervisor and then wait for them to call you in two to three business days.
I just confirmed from my dealer that they are indeed holding the 2016's at port. My delivery date is scheduled for 4/24 and he says I should be fine by then. We shall see. Why would they hold them at port? Pricing has finally been announced, there is no secret anymore... Is there?

Old 04-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member

Just got notified yesterday that my order for the 6 speed (for which I received an order number a week or so ago) has been confirmed and that I need to stop by the dealership to verify the configured options. Not certain if this means the order system is now officially accepting the 6 speed model or if they are still gaming the system. I'm out of town, so won't know for certain until 4/8. If the system is taking MT orders, it has occurred 5 weeks sooner than expected. Any other gear grinders out there hearing any news?

Old 04-06-2015, 09:22 AM

In theory my order also went in over the weekend. Hopefully I will be back in Dallas from the UK before they pour concrete over the specs.

Orkney

Old 04-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

In theory my order also went in over the weekend. Hopefully I will be back in Dallas from the UK before they pour concrete over the specs.

Orkney
Our two cars may be sitting side by side on the assembly line and in the same paint booth. If I remember correctly, we've ordered almost identical vehicles.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Our two cars may be sitting side by side on the assembly line and in the same paint booth. If I remember correctly, we've ordered almost identical vehicles.
They're cousins.....identical cousins

Old 04-06-2015, 05:01 PM

Ok, we are official now - I have my common order number, and build spec. Nessie is in the queue!

Orkney

Old 04-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member

Ok, we are official now - I have my common order number, and build spec. Nessie is in the queue!

Orkney
Did they give you a last order change date? If I understand correctly, that's when they issue build and projected delivery dates.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:43 PM

April 28th is the last date of order change date, build starts in May, delivery slated for July. Frankly given the delays, I will be happy if it arrives by August. I still have the Legend to drive around until the green 6 speed makes it to Dallas.

Orkney

Old 04-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

You guys are lucky. I just spoke to my dealer and they said the system still is not taking orders for the 6 speed. I even called Jaguar North America Customer Relations and they said the system will begin taking orders late July or early August.

Seriously, contemplating on settling for the Automatic, if I have to wait this long.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 641 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiztOG43
I even called Jaguar North America Customer Relations and they said the system will begin taking orders late July or early August.
Don't believe anything JNA Customer Relations tells you. They've been absolutely wrong every step of the way for me.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stohlen
Don't believe anything JNA Customer Relations tells you. They've been absolutely wrong every step of the way for me.
+1. I talked to them 3 days before 2016 pricing was released and they claimed those prices would not be released until August. The JNA Customer Relations team (1-855-JAGUAR-USA) appears to be nothing more than a 3rd party call center that has been provided a script for expected questions. They don't have any contact info for anybody within JNA.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TwiztOG43
You guys are lucky. I just spoke to my dealer and they said the system still is not taking orders for the 6 speed. I even called Jaguar North America Customer Relations and they said the system will begin taking orders late July or early August.

Seriously, contemplating on settling for the Automatic, if I have to wait this long.
I have PM'd the ordering process to you. You should be able to walk your dealer through that process.

Quick Reply: Who has ordered the 6 speed?