General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

pesky radio codes and other niggly things

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question pesky radio codes and other niggly things

Hi Guys, new man into the forum with an old problem, I have inherited a 2001 S Type 3lt Auto from a close relative who recently past away, its a lovely car but now with a few issues, mostly electrical, like door mirrors, heater fan, front fogs, cigar lighter and half the rear screen de-mister I'm hoping most of this will be simple fuse related, unless any of you guys can direct me elsewhere, I can drive round most of these faults while I work my way through them but the real problem is the pesky radio code, it's not recorded anywhere and my sister (his widow) has know idea, I Know I can go to Jaguar but they will need the serial number and will require getting the radio out of the car and I'll have to prove its my car, I was just asked to take it away so no paper work yet.
I did read in a forum chat that if I press - A.Mem+PTY+>>. - all at the same time this would over ride the problem, this is great but which button is 'A.Mem' I have the owners hand book and the owners audio book and I cannot find reference to it anywhere.
I'm obviously missing a trick here, maybe its because I'm old and don't understand modern terminology, but can somebody please help
many thanks in advance

Old 04-14-2017, 01:25 PM
GGG
Received 16,767 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Originally Posted by TAFF
..... the real problem is the pesky radio code, it's not recorded anywhere and my sister (his widow) has know idea, I Know I can go to Jaguar but they will need the serial number and will require getting the radio out of the car and I'll have to prove its my car, I was just asked to take it away so no paper work yet......
Welcome to the forum TAFF,

Provided it's the original radio, a Jaguar Dealer will only need the VIN to lookup the radio code. If approached in the right way, this is usually free of charge.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham