General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power seat wiring to make it work Outside the car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow electrical guide might be too complicated for me, any other ideas??

Old 03-01-2015, 05:23 PM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

You first need to decide if you're going to eliminate the gray plastic control module and power the motors directly and (very important) if the seats have side airbags, how you are going to disable these.

Graham

Old 03-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the info, would like to bypass control module if possible, donor car was hurricane Katrina victim so had to order new motors off ebay, waiting for them to arrive!

Old 04-15-2015, 02:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking at the electrical guide shared on the mediafire account for the xj. My seats are from a 2004 s type and whilst the connectors are likely to be similar, I want to avoid breaking anything.

Does anyone have the guide for my seats or could advise if I can get them working?

Ta.

Nick

Old 04-15-2015, 02:38 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by Zelandakh
I have been looking at the electrical guide shared on the mediafire account for the xj. My seats are from a 2004 s type and whilst the connectors are likely to be similar, I want to avoid breaking anything.

Does anyone have the guide for my seats or could advise if I can get them working?
Nick,

This thread is about using Jaguar seats in other vehicles. Your profile shows you have a 2004 S-Type. If you are trying to troubleshoot seat problems in an S-Type, you should post the question in S-Type tech forum.

Graham

Old 04-15-2015, 03:04 AM

Morning Graham,
Yes. My profile shows a 2004 s type but I currently only own the seats! I am trying to fit them to a 1972 vw camper van and I don't want to break anything on the seats, the house or me. All connectors for the seats are intact but the loom connectors remain with the car in the breakers yard.

Would like to connect the seats up safely and get them in the van and I fully expect them to be functional if a little dirty.

Haven't been up to Durham since I bought a matra simca bagheera from a chap up there.

Nick

Old 04-15-2015, 04:46 AM
GGG

Do you have the electrical schematics for the S-Type?

It looks like you may need the harness connector to the seat module to avoid too much butchery of the original seat harness.

Graham

Old 04-15-2015, 06:20 AM

No - that's what I'm after. Following on from Chris's post on page 1, I've taken the plunge and wired up the power connector - 2 positive, 2 negative wires. I now have the ability to move the seat up/down, forward/backward and tip the seat back both ways. I don't think there's any other adjustment (module says 8 way on the drivers seat).

This allowed me to mount the seat in the van and it is about 1.5 inches too tall at the seat / my head touches the ceiling.

Now considering ripping out the electrical piece and the runners and just have the back as electric and manually slide the seat forwards and backwards. So near and yet so far!!!

I'd still like to understand the other connectors and whether the airbag or seatbelt pretensioners are going to be a problem for me.

Thanks
Nick

Last edited by Zelandakh; 04-15-2015 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:14 AM
GGG

I've put the S-Type Electrical Guide (2002.5 onwards) on my MediaFire account. You can download it from this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/v740cc...02_onwards.pdf

Seat Systems are in Section 11.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Zelandakh (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 11:37 AM

Excellent - I have a powered seat - mega thanks to GGG and Thermo.

The seat is far higher than the old one causing my head to hit the ceiling but I have a cunning plan to remove the electric rail on one side which will gain me an inch (other mount is lower in the van). Now if I can just figure out how to get the damned thing apart...

Thanks guys - really appreciate your assist.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hiya. I was on this thread a couple of days ago but My post was moved.
I'm back as I think I'll not get these seats working outside the car by posting it elsewhere!
They are a very tidy pair of front seats from a 1998 XJR8.
The driver seat is a memory version by BB seating. It has a heater and an airbag which I have removed. All three plug sockets have a pug in them on this seat.
The passenger seat is a non memory version. The control unit has plugs on the ends of the control unit with nothing in the centre plug port. They are both dated 6.98.
As far as I can see, they get their power via the white plug and I've been trying to get them working, so far with no success. I can only guess that some of the other wires may need a positive feed as well.
I'm hoping that someone here may have the remedy.
Many thanks in advance. Steve

Old 12-27-2015, 09:32 AM
Default All now moving!!

I now have the passenger seat all moving, except the head rest, but I'll work that out later.
My thanks to all on this thread, particularly Thermo on post4 who passed all the answers.
Happy new year. Steve

Old 12-28-2015, 08:10 AM

I've moved on to the driver seat now. Powered it up more or less the same as the other seat but nothing moving yet apart from the lumber pump!
Any input welcome, though I've a feeling nobody on here is listening. If I'm in the wrong place, please let me know. Steve

Old 02-26-2016, 09:28 AM

Hi there - having had a very sad time at home with my wife being terminally ill, I wanted to do something nice for my x2 lads 13 & 16. I have just picked up x2 F-type seats and want to make them into Cool Gaming Chairs for the boys, as they love Jags but don't yet have driving licenses! The seats are on their way, so only have the eBay pics for the moment, but wanted to get prepared. Having read through some of the threads, I see that there's possibilities of seat airbags (Yikes) and sensors/memory seat based modules to also consider. I have posted some of the pics of the chairs as-is, primarily, just want to move the recline as a one-time adjustment (I can't see full recline being overly stable with boys playing) - any suggestions as to what additional information I will need - Seat Part number etc, photos of the electrics underneath etc. Many, many thanks to you all in advance. Will get on the newbie section to introduce myself

Old 02-26-2016, 09:31 AM
Default Jag F-Type seats as office chairs

My apologises, forgot to attach the pictures in the previous thread. Here are the pictures I have so far:

Old 03-06-2016, 02:55 AM

hello guys, I am new to your forum and I hope you can help me with your advice.

I didn't wan't to open a new thread as my problem fits perfectly here.

I am building a custom classic Mini and I wanted motor powered seats and seat rails. Through the years I bought Jaguar x100 seat frames for driver and passenger (with two motors per seat frame) which I plan to install on Bugatti EB110 seats that also have two motors per seat.

When I was buying x100 seat frames I didn't know that I will need a jaguar seat module to operate the seats but at this point it looks like the only option because I need some kind of electronic device to control and stop the seat and base motors at certain moment. I can connect the motors directly to the switch but that seams like a bad idea because the seat or frame motor will not know when to stop and something will get damaged.

For start there are a few questions.

-Is it possible to use just the x100 seat frames and seat module with the Bugatti seats in a completely different car?
-I also guess that I will need to program seat module for my frames and seats - is it possible to do this?
-Bugatti seats have one motor for recline and one motor for lumbar part. It is a motor that pushes some kind of metal frame forward and backward and not a pump like jaguars often have. Can I use the jaguars seat modules to operate Bugatti seats? Each motor has only two wires.

I am sorry for my lack of knowledge in electronics and hopefully you can help me to find the best solution to my problem.

Here is what I have:

Seat frames are from 1999 XKR with part number sticker GJB4113QC and GJB4112RC

Old 04-29-2017, 09:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

I´m trying to do the same with one audi a8 seat, as far as I know is the same wiring project and modules and I want to re wire and make it works, can you guys help me with the ground / phase wires?

Old 05-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Default Got my passenger seat to work, but issues with drivers seat

I am trying to get my 04-09 XJR X350 seats to work in my 69 Camaro, following the instructions Thermo posted earlier I was able to get the passenger seat to work. Then I looked at the drivers seat and the wiring did not match the instructions, there were only two brown striped wires versus the passenger seat which had three. The only thing working is the lumbar, can someone help me with what wiring on this? I only need the seat to move, don't need memory, heat, or cooling.
The seat is a 12way, Visteon P/N VP2W9f-13C789-CK, serial no. XXTB008WZV

Old 05-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Default x type seat wiring diagramme

Originally Posted by Thermo
crowbait, if you look on the bottom of the seat, you should see a part number and the beginning of it should be something along the lines of "1X43" or some other combination there of. With that 4 character combo, we can give you an idea of what vehicle and year vehicle it came out of.

Looking at it, it somewhat looks like a seat from out of an X-Type, just missing the head rest.
Hi Thermo, hope you can help. I've been trawling the internet looking for a seat wiring diagramme for jag x type seats ref 1x43 to no avail. I've purchased the seats to put in a camper conversion I've doing and your post is the closest I've got to what I'm looking for.
where can I find the wiring diagram?

Old 05-16-2017, 10:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try ELSA software for jaguar, maybe in one dealer

Quick Reply: Power seat wiring to make it work Outside the car?