General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Solution for Faulty Turn Signal Lamp Socket

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 03:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Solution for Faulty Turn Signal Lamp Socket

Hello all, just a quick one here. I've read that the turn signals are a common point of failure, after I started to have problems with mine on my 04 S-Type V8. After doing some research and brainstorming the problem, I came up with a solution without having to pay 60ish dollars for a replacement socket, and this has been working for me for almost a year.

All you have to do is take a regular fuse that has the wide contact points, does not matter what voltage as far as I can tell, cut it straight down the center with some wire cutters, clear away the plastic without bending the posts. Make sure they are flat and use them as a shim between the contact in the socket and the turn signal light bulb.

The shim will not short anything out, or create any heat like making a shim from foil, because it is designed to carry the current, and will create a tighter fit for the bulb.

The fuses I used were almost the exact same width & length as the contact points in the socket. Ive noticed the fuses in the jag have more narrow posts, I used the ones Like these

Instead of spending $60 you only have to spend 6 cents!

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBe larusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDetect languageDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchG alicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrish ItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedon ianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRom anianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSw edishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddis hAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBe larusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstoni anFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreek Haitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrish ItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedon ianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRom anianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSw edishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddis h
Detect language » Hungarian