General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

tips please: Garage humidity/temperature

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 07:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tips please: Garage humidity/temperature

Hi all,

My garage (7,00 x 2,8 x 2,4 high) is separate from the house. I want to use it to park the XK.
Since there are trees around and above it, it is very humid inside so i have to do something about humidity and temperature: A combination of a dehumidifier and heater.
I know its not necessary to have room temperature, but what temperature is good for a car, and what humidity ? Is infrared heating an option ? connecting it to the central heating in my house is very complicated, and an electric radiator is quite expensive in use. Any good advice or experience from your side ? Thanks in advance !

Old 08-26-2017, 07:30 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Vehicles store best at lowest possible temperature and heat. I have several from the '70s that see nothing more than ambient temps every winter. In my case that might be -25C and 15% relative humidity.

It is higher humidity and especially fluctuations therein that will cause surface corrosion. 40% relative humidity is a nice goal , but not easy to achieve during the summer.