Electric E-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I-Pace EV 2018 - Onwards

Electric E-Type

Old 09-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Default Electric E-Type

Apparently Jaguar is looking at building an electric E-Type, likely short run and wicked expensive if they do, but man would it ever be tempting. I've thought about buying another E over the years (have owned 2) but the age of the powertrain and suspension just makes it sound like more work than fun and I'm not in my 30s anymore. I could do an electric...

Jaguar E-Type Zero | Cool Material

http://media.jaguar.com/news/2017/09...0&brand=jaguar
Old 09-09-2017, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member

I have been test driving electric cars the last couple weeks and I am definitely sold on getting one. Then again, I am a good candidate to drive an electric car as I typically don't drive more than 20 or 25 miles per day.

Right now, the BMW i3 is on the top of my list, although it doesn't have very impressive range.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:45 PM

Its a travesty of epic proportions that jaguar is using an electric e type sometimes well actuly all the time I wish I,could go to back to the 80s 90s or early 2000s
Old 09-27-2017, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member

You'll need to add something to that comment, why would it be a travesty to update and electrify one of the most iconic designs of all time? They do have the iPace which is really the first truly ground up redesign of current generation electric car. They supposedly have 25K preorders for them (not bad for a firm that only sells around 150K cars annually): Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV has already accumulated 25,000 orders: CEO