I-Pace EV 2018 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see what all the fuss is about these electric cars: 2019 I-PACE HSE Yulong/Red

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 01:41 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Let's see what all the fuss is about these electric cars: 2019 I-PACE HSE Yulong/Red

I've been a long time fan and owner of Jaguars, from a couple of beater XJ40s I ran when I lived in the UK to my beloved and now dearly departed F-TYPE V6 S Manual. I have also had the itch to get an electric vehicle but living in the San Francisco Bay Area I didn't want to get another Tesla and no one else made a desirable pure EV that was in my price range. When I saw the I-PACE concept I was pretty much sold on the idea of this being my first EV. I am a massive supporter of Jaguar and think that they have a very interesting and difficult future ahead of them and having them be the first conventional manufacturer to get a desirable, sporty EV in the hands of the general public was something I wanted to support.

I just bought, from my local dealer stock, a 2019 Jaguar I-PACE HSE in Yulong White with Mars Red leather interior. This colourway is very close to my last Jag, a white on red F-TYPE V6 S manual and it is an aesthetic that looks amazing to me on modern Jags. I paid low 80s for a car that stickered at 92 and was happy with that deal which when you factor in the tax rebates and electricity bill credit I'll get makes the car a pretty good value proposition, but as the secondhand market has not been kind to used EVs that aren't called Tesla, I decided to lease the car for 39 months with 15,000 a year mileage allowance as my cars tend to cover some reasonable mileage.

It is pretty much kitchen sink spec too with:
  • Black pack (exterior)
  • Heated/cooled performance seats front, heated rear seats
  • 22" wheels
  • Carbon fibre trim finishers
  • HUD
  • Adaptive Dynamics
  • Adaptive Surface Response
  • other less important but impressive sounding $100 line items on the window sticker (attached below).
So far I am impressed with how damn quiet the car is, there's a nice induction sound when you plant the electricity pedal accompanied by a shove of impressive proportions. In dynamic mode it easily makes your face contort with the g-forces. Impressive stuff. The seats are comfortable but very supportive when you want to press on it.

Given I've covered less than 100 miles with it so far these are early impressions. I do find myself staring at the amazingly cool front vent that exits like a reverse hood scoop.

We are getting our level 2 charger installed tomorrow and our battery is about 65% charged after about 90 miles that seems to tally up with the promised range.

Last edited by tony2x; 05-01-2019 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

All the best with your new I-Pace.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

nice looking ride welcome to the club !

Old 05-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Very nice car. If I went electric this is would be the sole option. Did you happen to look in the maintenance schedule of your owner's packet? I am curious what has to be done to these vehicles over time.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats on your new I-Pace.
I went with 20" wheels instead of 22". Here in NJ potholes seem to live on our roads year round and I didn't want to risk frequent sidewall blowouts with the low profile tires.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

One of the best things about the EV is the lack of service. besides software updates, tires, very rare breaks ( you do not use your break pads very much do to regeneration ) and some coolant.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Received 258 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ16er
Very nice car. If I went electric this is would be the sole option. Did you happen to look in the maintenance schedule of your owner's packet? I am curious what has to be done to these vehicles over time.
First service is after 2 years, Brake flush, Cabin filter

The following users liked this post:
AJ16er (05-09-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 02:58 PM
Received 674 Likes on 487 Posts

I have a note the dealer wants to see mine after a year but this isn't a car that intentionally needs to go to the dealer very often. Thank goodness because my dealer is in Portland which is about a 3 hour drive. (Apparently there is only one Jaguar Dealer in all of Oregon).

Oh, and congrats on the new White I-Pace!

Old 05-10-2019, 12:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great! I never got to see the yolong, even though was top of my list.

I ended up getting a barasco grey. Actually very similar looking.