Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

'Custom' member titles, and a 'posted from MOBILE source'

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts
Default 'Custom' member titles, and a 'posted from MOBILE source'

Other forums I've joined have a custom title that is 'bestowed' upon said member after a particular character trait, repetitive phrasing, or catchy nickname is observed. I know we would lose the 'newbie', 'senior' 'veteran', etc, but sometimes these titles truly reveal the member's personality.

(1) Would anyone be interested in this? and

(2) Jim, is this a feature you or the forum owners would allow?

Secondly, I am not entirely sure if the new forum software has the ability to add a footnote, or sub-text to each post that has been uploaded via a mobile device (handheld/smartphone). It is absolutely painstakingly difficult to both spell correctly, get punctuation and capitalization in place, and when see a post say...on Facebook that is lacking some proper grammar, I tend to be less critical...and some of you know that I have an affinity for the proper texting rules.

Jim, can the forum software make the distinction to 'insert' the footnote accordingly?

Old 04-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Matt you're nuts. Good questions though. We should definitely make a Facebook page for JaguarForums.com too. I'm kidding. I'm not really a Facebook fan, but it and twatter/tweeter... the place you "tweet" things seem to be the places to be now in order to stay relevant I guess.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

The custom name thing has pros and cons. It can be cool for a lot of the regulars to have those nicknames and helps enhance a sense of a close community. But for new members or just those that lurk or visit occasionally, it might be seen as something "cliquey" or make them feel like they are outsiders.

IMHO the cool part outweighs the not cool part, so I'm for it.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

Originally Posted by h20boy
Other forums I've joined have a custom title that is 'bestowed' upon said member after a particular character trait, repetitive phrasing, or catchy nickname is observed. I know we would lose the 'newbie', 'senior' 'veteran', etc, but sometimes these titles truly reveal the member's personality.

(1) Would anyone be interested in this? and

(2) Jim, is this a feature you or the forum owners would allow? No is the short answer Matt, although there's nothing to stop anyone from adding a nickname of their choosing in their sig

Secondly, I am not entirely sure if the new forum software has the ability to add a footnote, or sub-text to each post that has been uploaded via a mobile device (handheld/smartphone). It is absolutely painstakingly difficult to both spell correctly, get punctuation and capitalization in place, and when see a post say...on Facebook that is lacking some proper grammar, I tend to be less critical...and some of you know that I have an affinity for the proper texting rules.

Jim, can the forum software make the distinction to 'insert' the footnote accordingly? I'll look into that Matt as I see it on some of my other forums and its a good idea

Old 04-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

still unsure on the footnote "posted from my mobile" etc

I know this is available on other forums with Tapatalk but may not be compatible with our system.....still looking into it