Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

I believe I've been stiffed...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 02:51 AM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default I believe I've been stiffed...

Approximately two weeks ago, I sold a nav disk to an individual who responded to this site. I sent the disk (confirmed his address via e-mail) and requested delivery confirmation; he indicated he would send me a money order. The disk was confirmed delivered by the USPS. As of today, no money order. I called him and he stated he didn't have the disk; I read him the delivery confirmation # and suggested that he could go to the USPS web site, put in the number, and confirm delivery. Then he told me the address he gave me was his work address...a large corporation...and there are many secretaries who may have accepted it and thrown it away. I told him I sent it to the address he gave me.He indicated that he would have to "research" the money order and this would take time..probably a few weeks. I have sold a few small items before on this site, and, operating on trust, had no problems. I would like to see it stay that way for all the forum members. I gave him another week to remit payment; something just isn't right and I suspect I have little, if any, recourse. If I don't receive payment within one week, I would like to "out" this guy on the forum to prevent him from taking advantage of others. If he gets away with this, he'll probably try it again with others.I have all the e-mail and USPS paperwork to back up my experience. What sayyou?cliff

Old 12-14-2010, 03:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Sounds like a tough break there Cliff. "research the money order = a few weeks" sounds like BS to me.

Before going down the road of naming and shaming and a Ban from the forum. If you have any hope of receiving payment it is probably better to keep his name private for now.

Use the PM system to let the Mod/Admin team know who.

Too late now, but next time use PayPal, takes 5 min to open an account and payment is confirmed immediately, so you can ship after confirmation.

Although a certain amount of trust is always required in private deals and I have personally benefited from the trust between members. (one of our techs shipped me some parts from the US at his expense on a try it and see basis when I was a very new member to the forum.)

Hope that things work out and that this turns out to be an innocent error.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice coincidence to have stopped in for a rare visit and read Richard's kind words. Cheers!