Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

New Member Catch 22

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Catch 22

I am a brand new member, so I am unable to view the photo gallery until I have made 10 posts and waited 3 days.

My main focus is trying to decide on options and colors for the 2011 XJ I plan to order, so not being able to see photos defeats my purpose. I'd like to see more photos of the different colors.

I don't have 8 more questions and I don't have a Jag (yet). I don't want to waste people's time with posts that are just to achieve a post count.

Is there any way to by-pass this problem?

Old 11-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  19.3 KB

Originally Posted by interleaf2
I am a brand new member, so I am unable to view the photo gallery until I have made 10 posts and waited 3 days. Unfortunately thats the way it is...Its like that for a reason, trust me!

My main focus is trying to decide on options and colors for the 2011 XJ I plan to order, so not being able to see photos defeats my purpose. I'd like to see more photos of the different colors.
Anything worthwhile usually is worth waiting for interleaf.
H20boy said it best some time ago I think, when he said that we all want everything now, yesterday would be better, and we want twice as much tomorrow.....AND can we have it all for free,please?

I don't have 8 more questions and I don't have a Jag (yet). I don't want to waste people's time with posts that are just to achieve a post count. Trust me, you won't waste peoples time by posting. Its very simple - a few quick posts to welcome other newbies and make them feel part of the site would be good. I see you don't have any welcome notes yourself yet but you have only recently posted. Typically we get maybe 6-7 members that take the time to drop by and make new members like yourself, feel at home and welcome!
Maybe post into the section relevant to the car you're thinking of with any questions, the regional section and the off topic section......10 posts without even really trying.

Is there any way to by-pass this problem?
Yes, there is, If I take the time and trouble to do this manually, which I probably do for around 15-20 new members most every day.
I will manually upgrade you too Interleaf, but it might be nice if you take the time and trouble to fill out your intro a little.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand that you need to control unwelcome posts and spam, as I run a forum myself.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

Now that you're upgraded to full forum access, we'll look forward to your participation on the site interleaf.

Some really great helpful techs and members here.....