Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

No more email alerts

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default No more email alerts

I used to get lots of email alerts with the old forum. I went through the setup process about my subscriptions, but get no emails. I love the emails, because I get them on my phone as well, so it gives me something to do at work, besides work! ) New bug, or just not seeing something? Thanks.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car22.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  16.5 KB

Hey Keith, sumthin Christo's mentioned too.
I'm sure its in your personal settings but if the mails stil laren't goin thru I'll check it out again.
Personally I have mine switched off as they clog up my mail system....Give me a little time on this plz

Jim

Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

attached are my settings

Attached Thumbnails No more email alerts-untitled.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Keith, it's in the settings. You need to make the Default Thread Subscription Mode look like Christo's if you actually want notifications.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:28 AM

Cerberus the weird thing is I am not receiving emails from the forum either. I can get them all day long from anyone else. I will try changing my address and see if it force something in the software.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:34 AM

I hate email notifications, and I was getting them with that setting on this board until I changed it. Go figure. I'll look through my UserCP and see if there's another setting that also has to be on.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:00 PM

I entered another email address, my verizon account - still nothing. I also double checked the go advanced button before I post to make sure that reads instant notification as well.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:13 PM

Well, if you've got that setting, it shows that you'll be getting instant notification even when you post, and you've tried multiple emails, it's only logical to deduce that the forum simply doesn't like you. Sorry.

Seriously though it sounds like a glitch, perhaps a mail server setting for the forum got modified by accident?

Old 02-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

I thought I would wait on this little issue, thinking it may magically start happening again. But no, I have several thread subscriptions, and new email notifications on a new post. My settings are correct, email looks good, and I just now cleared both my PM inbox and sent items...just in case. I will see if anything changes tonight and tomorrow.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default No more emails

OK, Christo, my settings are exactly as yours, with the one exception about Showing New Private Message Notification Pop-up. Don't think thats going to matter, but I did change it, now their exactly alike. Don't really think its in the settings. On the old site, any forum you replied to or new post, you got email from then on, for the forum, not just the thread. Don't see that as an option here, just the threads you join. Maybe in good time, I hope so, I personally like them.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:47 PM

I agree, I don't think it is our account settings either. Its a bummer hopefully it can be fixed. I haven't tried making another account but it would suck to lose the screen name and post count. But on the other hand the emails are nice to keep track of conversations. I like them too!

Old 02-12-2009, 02:52 PM

Just curios - anyone else having trouble by any chance have a verizon account?

Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 PM

here is the reply to test the email alert

Old 02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default No Email Notification

I too received emails daily before the recent change to the Jaguar forum. Those emails have stopped being sent. Today, I went into my CP and made changes to match Cristo. I will wait and see if the emails startup again. Is anyone receiving email notification? I found the emails very informative and would go back to a thread that gave me further interest. The new forum seems awkward in trying to duplicate reading the recent post for XK8/XKR forum only. Can the administrator check and make sure this important feature is working for all members?

Old 02-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

My account is with att (uverse) and mine isn't working since the new upgrades. Not even close to verizon. sorry christo, something else is amiss!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:05 PM

Fellas, change your email address to gmail or yahoo or something and test - I just got an alert when stremsjg.

Maybe the principle is the same with the isp's? What I have found is the way the email is generated by jf server needs to have some sort of authentication enabled so our isp's so not flag it as spam and immediately delete it.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...p/t-80558.html

I already have contacted Jim and I am sure he is going to work on it when he has time. Probably close to midnight in the UK...

Old 02-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car22.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  16.5 KB

Quick question to ALL members.

I sent out over 5000 emails the other day to ALL members relating to the forum. This was done twice for different reasons and there everyone should have at least 2 mails from Jag forums.

ANYONE?????

Quick Reply: No more email alerts