Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

where to post

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to post

Only joined today but have been reading the threads for a while to help me find an x-type.

Problem is its now made me think about selling the other car (land rover) and go for an xj between around 95-2000 model with an lpg conversion but not sure where to post or look for common problems and things to look for.

Can anyone help? Is there a specific model type in those years or should I just go through all sections?

Thanks

Old 05-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

It get a little confusing because "model year" designations vary from country to country.

In USA terms the 1995-96-97 XJ saloons (six cylinder and V12) are covered here in the "X300" section. The later variant of these cars with the V8 engines (but same body style) are covered in the "XJ8 XJR 1998-2003" section.

Cheers
DD

Old 05-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Snoops, first off, welcome to the Forums. You will find lots of information here, possibly almost too much information. What I would tell you to do is to post 2 new topics, one in the "X-Type" forum and then one in the appropriate forum for the XJ series you are looking for. THis may possibly require a third topic if you are looking at years covering 2 different variations of the same vehicle.

I can't speak on the XJ series, but the X-Type, I can give you volumes of information. So, come on over to the X-Type forums and we will answer whatever you are after.

So, sit back, grab a cup of Joe and do some looking. You will find tons of information here.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick replies, already have the x-type to replace an st220 and with help from this site managed a clutch kit, dmf and belt pulleys thrown in too

Only thing was I forgot how much I loved my old x-type and with the wife using the new one for the majority of the time it has me wanting to replace our land rover with an xj. Tried looking on here but started getting confused with about 3-4 different sections. Will try searching a couple and see if I can find a buyers guide.

Thanks again