Jaguar Press release latest press releases, updates, info, pics and videos

Jaguar C-X17 resurfaces in China with gold finish, five-seat cabin [w/video]

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Jaguar C-X17 resurfaces in China with gold finish, five-seat cabin [w/video]

Filed under: Concept Cars, China, Crossover, Jaguar, Misc. Auto Shows, Luxury

Some concept cars make the rounds of the auto shows and are then retired. But a number of automakers are showing that a fresh coat of paint can go a long way towards rejuvenating a show car and giving it a new lease on life - at least as far as the auto show circuit is concerned. Lexus did that recently with the LF-LC concept, initially unveiling it in red at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, then repainting it a dark shade of blue for the subsequent shows in Australia and LA. Mini did the same with the Rocketman concept. And now Jaguar has done it again with its C-X17.

Initially unveiled in electric blue at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Jaguar then rolled the crossover out again in liquid silver for the Dubai Motor Show earlier this month. Now the concept is back again at the Guangzhou Motor Show in China with a fresh coat of rose gold.

Looking decidedly more luxurious than the previous iterations, this gilded C-X17 concept also bears another change: while the previous versions featured a four-seat cabin, this one has been redone with a more conventional five-seat configuration that more buyers would likely go for. It's also got a new interactive infotainment system and another system that warns passengers of pedestrians or cyclists approaching from the rear before they open the door. Check it out in the high-res image gallery above and the video clip below for a closer look.Continue reading Jaguar C-X17 resurfaces in China with gold finish, five-seat cabin [w/video]

Jaguar C-X17 resurfaces in China with gold finish, five-seat cabin [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Old 11-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this really becomes a reality. I always said Jaguar needed an SUV (outside of Land Rover).

Old 11-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

At first, I was against the notion of a Jag SUV. Why not leave that to Land Rover, I thought?

After seeing the C-X17 in a few different scenarios now, I finally get it. Ian Callum has secretly created an SUV for SUV haters. It has Sports-Car visuals that render the pretending-and-portly BMW X6, Audi- A-something-or-other, and No-Merc-Comes-Close, laughably, and Pontiac Aztec-achingly, wrong!

Dammit, I want one... and if you haven't noticed, I hate stilted up wagons!

Damn You Callum!!!