Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar XJ6 - 408 LS engine + 4L80E trans, vented inboard disc brakes

For Sale

1985 Jaguar XJ6

01-20-2019, 03:55 PM | Replies: 2 | Views: 1869
  • 1985 Jaguar XJ6 - Jaguar XJ6 - 408 LS engine + 4L80E trans, vented inboard disc brakes - Used - VIN SAJAY1349FC413769 - 68,000 Miles - 8 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Red - Boston, PA 15135, United States
    Expired

• Price
    $10,000
  • Location Boston, PA, 15135, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN SAJAY1349FC413769
  • Mileage 68,000
  • Engine 8 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color Red
Description:

Up for sale is my 1985 Jaguar XJ6. I built and installed a new 408 stroker the car but due to starting a family I no longer have time for this car. I built the engine from a bare block but never finished the chassis fuel system so the engine has not run. I will update this ad with details as I continue to get questions, dig into my records/receipts, etc.

Engine details
Used LS2 block bored .030" over
Eagle 4 inch stroker kit with forged crank, forged rods, and Mahle 4032 -4cc forged pistons
pistons (kit included Mahle rings and Clevite 77 bearings, checked with plasti-gage)
ARP rod bolts
L92 heads decked for flatness and 3 angle valve job, Pac 1519 beehive springs, factory MLS head gaskets, and ARP head bolts
Morrell lifter in OE lifter trays
EPS custom cam (still looking for specs - asked Geoff for a smooth idle, strong off idle torque, and must pull hard to 6k RPMS, high LSA does not require headers)
Crank has 24x reluctor
LS3 intake manifolds
5th Gen Camaro water pump and crank pulley
CTS-V V1 power steering pump
Custom wiring harness
A/C compressor installed and ready to hook up
C5 Corvette DBW throttle body with TAC module and pedal
All sender/gauges calibrated to read properly

Trans:
Mild aftermarket converter (pretty sure it was from RevMax but I will need to look for a receipt)
Upgraded valve body kit
Rear busing replaced (the one that holds the output shaft)
Trans shifts great!

IRS:
Rear suspension rebuild with new rubber
Half shaft bearings serviced/replaced
Custom vented rear disc brake setup
New KYB shocks

Wheels & tires:
16x7 wheels from a 1995 Jaguar XJ6, new silver powder coat is immaculate
Like new Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport tires

Front suspension:
Poly upper and lower control arm bushings
New KYB shocks

Other mods/upgrades:
Nice modern XJS steering wheel (no more skinny school bus wheel)
6" Euro full-size headlights
Power door actuator installed in driver's door and setup with keyless entry (all doors, trunk)

Tons of other info available: See the saga here - I created a blog that details the history of the car:
http://www.buyrcars.com/jag.htm

Important note - the car presently has the hood removed and is dusty. It has not run in about 4 years, and when it did, it was with the old LS motor.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,359 Likes on 790 Posts

If someone wants to buy this... I can finish it and get it working right. Maybe even a T56 swap too.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

This would be a great car to keep on the road but it's also worth a lot in parts. The engine alone is worth over $5k in a very liquid LS engine market. This is easily a mild mannered 500 hp motor with more torque that you can shake a sticky tire at. The 4L80E is the right trans to take any amount of abuse from the motor. The IRS is a limited slip 2.88, has been partially rebuilt, has a vented rear inboard brake system. New fuel tanks, too. It also has an entirely new fuel system using mostly 3/8" tube and hard connections. I need to get a picture of that posted up - it's really nice. The fuel system is built around the perimeter of the spare tire well and the spare tire still fits fine.