Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.7 TT Diesel Manual, mapped monster

For Sale

2006 Jaguar S-Type

06-14-2019, 04:30 AM | Replies: 1 | Views: 1332
  • 2006 Jaguar S-Type - 2.7 TT Diesel Manual, mapped monster - Used - VIN SAJAD011177N74707 - 173,411 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Sedan - Silver - Shipley BD18, United Kingdom
    Expired
  • 2006 Jaguar S-Type - 2.7 TT Diesel Manual, mapped monster - Used - VIN SAJAD011177N74707 - 173,411 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Sedan - Silver - Shipley BD18, United Kingdom
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired

• Price
    $2,000
    • OBO
  • Location Shipley, BD18, United Kingdom
  • Condition Used
  • VIN SAJAD011177N74707
  • Mileage 173,411
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Manual
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color Silver
Description:

Description copied from my ebay listing: ebay.co.uk/itm/273882715425
Receipt (in the massive pack of history) for timing belts in 2016 at a calculated ~148k miles (MOT a couple of weeks later at 148'600)

Welcome to my listing for what has been an exceptional car. 5 day listing, so you have a whole weekend to fetch her.

Buy It Now and it'll come with a set of 5x 18" Tritons in very good condition (tyres on the Tritons are pretty much useless, though most are legal)
Bid snipers annoy me, so if your first bid is at least 24h before the end of the auction, I'll throw the Tritons in for free. If the winning bidder's first bid is within 24h of the end of the auction, I'll list them on ebay and you can buy them separately if you want them.

I picked it up from Falmouth in October last year when my old V8 expired spectacularly, I was tired of 1mpg, and wanted to try the diesel, but didn't want a DPF model (effectively a colostomy bag for cars) - so I bought this one, a pre-DPF, late model S Type.

It was everything the V8 had been, but was so damned slow! I hated it almost instantly - 1720kg of car needed a lot more oomph than a 200bhp 2.7 diesel could provide. 320lbft of torque... Yay, but nowhere near the V8 performance I had been spoiled by.

...so I rang around and had it mapped. What a difference! I enjoyed driving it, leaving everything else in the weeds. It has performance that I can't quite tell if it matches or exceeds my 4.2V8 - they both drive very differently, the diesel scoops you up from underneath, like the warm fuzzy hand of a gorilla scooping you up and ushering you onwards, well ahead of anything that wants to keep up. The V8 is much the same, but it's batty as well - like a Collie dog, and it's much more my thing. I'm told the derv sounds imposing from outside, but I've never heard much more than the wastegates letting the turbos spool down after launching from the ordering microphone to the pay window at a drive-through. Inside the cabin, underway it's practically silent. The full magic carpet ride (with more legroom than the XJ)

It'll waft along on cruise control effortlessly in 6th, drop it a gear and it'll sprint past anything spoiling your view...

On my regular trips to Watford and back (a 400 mile round trip) I average 50mpg - though it is always fed Shell Diesel, none of that supermarket muck.

...but I'm a petrol man at heart. Diesel just isn't my thing. This twin turbo setup (very similar to the Landrover TDV6, but uses matched twin turbos rather than sequential as in the Landrover) is frankly awesome. It makes any other diesel I'm in feel like a skip truck. But, it's still not petrol, and has to go.

So, it's off to a new home. The missus would let me keep both, but one's not getting used, and LSE deserves far better than sitting on the driveway as a spare car.

MOT due in September, there's a bush that occasionally lets a little squeak out up front - I've heard it a couple of times but can never find it to work out which one to replace, other than that I see no reason it won't sail through. It'll want discs and pads in the next 10k or so miles, but currently stops on a sixpence.

The dual climate control has an issue at the moment, it burst the top elbow on a recent trip to Derby. I had it taken home on a flatbed (the usual noise from the AA: "We can tow it" "Not 100 miles you won't. Fetch a flatbed" - which they promptly did) and fitted a new top elbow.

Sadly, that was just a symptom, and not the cause. The DCCV unit (Dual Climate Control Valve) appears to have locked up and is causing the coolant to pressurise.
Opening the bleed screw around an 8th of a turn has stopped that from being an issue and it should drive anywhere.

I've run it up to temperature on the drive, and it holds a steady half way point. I've let it sit for an hour, and still hasn't gone past half way. I've taken it for a drive around, and still, stayed at half way.

It loses a fraction of water through the bleed screw - as designed and will probably want 100ml per 100 miles until the DCCV is replaced and bleed screw nipped up. They're on ebay for ~£60 and apparently take around an hour to fit.

One of the main issues with the DCCV going is that the CCM (Climate Control Module) tries to compensate for it, and blows itself.
As you can see from the pictures, the CCM still functions just fine. There's just no heat coming into the cabin.

Grab a bargain performance tank.

Car is still taxed/MOT'd, and insured - you can by all means test drive it if you can show you have fully comprehensive insurance on my vehicle (no 3rd party test pilots) and cover the excess out of your own pocket, but if you break it, you buy it.
Alternatively, I'm happy to take you for a drive around at my risk and show you how well she stretches her legs..

Payment:
I won't take PayPal via eBay, but will take PayPal otherwise. eBay have this thing they do to people that don't sell much on eBay, they give themselves credit by exploiting their link with PayPal and demanding that PayPal hold your funds indefinitely. I find that distasteful, and won't take part.

Bank transfer preferred to cash on collection, but will take cash if you don't mind me checking it. No offense, for every 20 thousand legit folks, there's always one that spoils our ability to just trust one another. I met him a while back, and don't fancy being overly polite at my own expense again. Paying me for a car you're buying off me is not a gift horse, and I'm going to look in its mouth. If that might offend you, don't bring cash. Simples.

Don't bring a cheque unless you like being told to put things where the sun never shines.

I will give a full receipt and proof of purchase.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Note: I don't accept dollars, the price is 2000GBP with the Tritons included.