Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeler Post - XJR could use a better home than I can afford to give it.

For Sale

1997 Jaguar XJR

06-21-2019, 09:29 PM | Replies: 2 | Views: 1331
  • 1997 Jaguar XJR - Feeler Post - XJR could use a better home than I can afford to give it. - Used - VIN SAJPX1148VC789538 - 181,026 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Red - Colorado Springs, CO 80905, United States
    Expired
  • 1997 Jaguar XJR - Feeler Post - XJR could use a better home than I can afford to give it. - Used - VIN SAJPX1148VC789538 - 181,026 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Red - Colorado Springs, CO 80905, United States
    Expired
    Expired

• Price
    $2,500
    • OBO
  • Location Colorado Springs, CO, 80905, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN SAJPX1148VC789538
  • Mileage 181,026
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color Red
Description:

Lovingly titled as Alice, I'm considering putting up my 1997 XJR for sale to a good home. She was rear ended recently, and while I'm working on hunting down parts for repairs after insurance pays me out, I still feel she would be better off with an older owner with a garage. The car was originally my father's, he bought it and it's sat on and off for a few years since he retired as it was it's daily driver. I was rear ended in February, and the replacement I purchased turned out to be a pile of garbage, so I sold it and my father graciously sent Alice out to me in late March, and I was rear ended on the 6th of June.

Pros - A running XJR, aftermarket 6 disk in the trunk, a partial tuneup.
Cons - Typical faded paint, rear end damage (chrome on bumper has been pushed into rear of the car, trunk is damaged but still seals just fine.) Could use an AC charge, wear and tear on the leather, typical sunroof woes, radio needs tabs repaired and is sketchy when it wants to work or not, but has been behaving as of late with the aux cord. Windshield wiper fluid resivior is shattered. Car is currently throwing an EGR code.

Truthfully, I really, really, really don't want to sell the car. I would love to wait until summer is over but I would rather see it in the hands of an enthusiast and someone who really can take care of her more. Did plugs, oil change, and an air filter and she runs great and still moves rather briskly on the highway. Replaced the passengers side headlight lens after it shattered and has new bulbs in. Will try and get around to a fuel filter and ac recharge. Has been my daily driver and aside from some plastic coming loose and blocking the shifter which has been sorted, runs every time and cruises comfortably still.

Last edited by AtraelyxVasser; 06-21-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have managed to source a good bumper and trunk lid from an XJ6, in the same color as the car. Will work on getting them installed and updated photos.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Update - Car is leaking oil, unsure from where. Make me an offer. It's still running and driveable but I would trailer it home. Haven't had the time to get anything replaced. Also bring a truck as I have trunk and a spare bumper for it. No reasonable offer turned down. I haven't checked in here in a while, so feel free to email me at ajh2k@hotmail.com