Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Jaguar XJR - Silver/ Black, 142k, new CATS suspension, all timing components new

For Sale

2003 Jaguar XJR

04-20-2020, 09:33 PM | Replies: 9 | Views: 2638
  • 2003 Jaguar XJR - 2003 Jaguar XJR - Silver/ Black, 142k, new CATS suspension, all... - Used - VIN SAJDA15B03MF52453 - 8 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Silver - Memphis, TN 38119, United States
  • 2003 Jaguar XJR - 2003 Jaguar XJR - Silver/ Black, 142k, new CATS suspension, all... - Used - VIN SAJDA15B03MF52453 - 8 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Silver - Memphis, TN 38119, United States

• Price
    $3,500
    • OBO
  • Location Memphis, TN, 38119, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN SAJDA15B03MF52453
  • Engine 8 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color Silver
Description:

Up for sale is a 2003 Jaguar XJR with the supercharged 4.0 V8. Mechanically maintained very well with only genuine Jaguar parts in the last 5-6 years I've owned the car. It's got 142k miles on it and runs and drives very well.

Recently replaced all 4 shocks and bushings (CATS electronic suspension, around $4000 for parts and labor) less than 1,000 miles ago. All timing components replaced less than 500 miles ago with genuine Jaguar parts - primary and secondary timing chains, tensioners and guides. Also replaced all spark plug seals, cam cover seals and timing cover seals with genuine parts. Serpentine and supercharger belts replaced at the same time as well.

Within the last few thousand miles I'd also had both front calipers rebuilt. The brakes are EBC 3GD rotors with the Yellow Stuff pads all around. It also has Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires all around, and on the spare.

I'd also replaced the front lower control arms with genuine parts relatively recently, though ball joint seals are cracking up as I'd not driven the car in nearly two years. The differential was also replaced with a genuine part as well due to a bearing issue (cheaper to replace than rebuild). The ABS module was replaced about 2 years ago and the brakes were flushed at the same time with ATE high temperature brake fluid.

The bad bits - I'd hit a pothole driving down from Chicago that blew out two tires and cracked both wheels. The good news is that it has a full size spare, but is not able to be driven with the other cracked wheel. Unsure of any suspension damage, though the local dealer suspected it needs upper and lower control arms up front and both shocks on the passenger side. Driver seat has a crack in the leather, though there is one in Dallas for very cheap. The hood has a couple creases at the front (slipped forward when replacing primaries) and the front bumper is due for replacement thanks to a parking lot incident. Battery is currently drained but will jump easily. It was replaced in 2018 with a genuine part so I'd imagine it will take and hold a charge well. The car does run and drive (pothole tripped fuel cutoff and broke - as in physically broke and separated from the structure of the car - the inertia sensor, though it's been reset.

If you're looking for an easy project, all this one really needs is two wheels and tires, a bumper and some hood work. Cheap, easy project. I'm losing storage on it very soon as need to move it on. Being an '03, it's got the 3rd generation secondaries, morse chains and all the other good bits. It's been a dream to drive, hence the reason I replaced with a nearly identical car.

I'm only selling because I have several other cars and don't need this one, otherwise I'd put in the few bucks to breathe new life into the car.

Asking $3500/ best offer - money talks, and I need it gone quickly. Clean title in hand.

Otherwise I'd be open to parting out depending on what people want/ need.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

is car still available?

Old 06-06-2020, 08:52 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Still available!

I've sourced two replacement wheels for the car and will swap the dead battery for a 2-month old one that came in my replacement car (1 owner car, battery is only non-genuine item and I'm a stickler for genuine parts in low mileage cars).

I may even be able to road hazard warranty the tires, we'll see.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still available?

Old 06-29-2020, 08:18 AM

Still have it!

Old 07-10-2020, 12:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MAN....have been looking for one, what's the current status on it? Needs wheel repairs and tires? Look forward to hearing from you.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:09 PM

@SilverbackXJ - I've still got it available. Runs great, drives good from the couple miles I've driven it since hitting the pothole, and I've got the two replacement wheels for it as well. If I find the time over the next few days, I'll work on a road hazard claim for the tires and get those replaced, otherwise it will need two new tires if I don't find the time. Aside from that it really only needs the bumpers and hood redone and then you'd have a pretty nice XJR. I've not had much time lately to look for a bumper cover or hood, but if I still have it when I find the time, I may either up the price with that work done or keep it for a track day car.

If you're interested, money talks.

Old 07-11-2020, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by 03_jagXJR
@SilverbackXJ - I've still got it available. Runs great, drives good from the couple miles I've driven it since hitting the pothole, and I've got the two replacement wheels for it as well. If I find the time over the next few days, I'll work on a road hazard claim for the tires and get those replaced, otherwise it will need two new tires if I don't find the time. Aside from that it really only needs the bumpers and hood redone and then you'd have a pretty nice XJR. I've not had much time lately to look for a bumper cover or hood, but if I still have it when I find the time, I may either up the price with that work done or keep it for a track day car.

Of course I just bought a super clean 95 yesterday.....BUT....I'm not opposed to having 2 of different flavors. LOL Its obviously a sickness that we share. I'd be open to money talk if you can get those two tires handled....the cosmetic stuff can wait, I just need to be able to drive it back to Dallas. Let me know what you come up with.

Old 07-14-2020, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by 03_jagXJR

Any news on tires?

The following users liked this post:
reds (03-11-2021)
Old 09-17-2020, 10:21 AM

$2000 needs to be able to drive though