Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000-2002 S-Type - Black Front Heated Seats w/memory

Wanted

Accessories

12-05-2022, 05:13 AM | Replies: 1 | Views: 351

• Price
    Any Price
    • Trade
  • Location Los Angeles, CA, 90026, USA
  • Condition New or Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Jaguar S-Type 2000 - 2002
Description:

In short, I am after a decent pair of front seats for my S with a black interior. My current seats have all options except heat, which appears to be a rarity (I’ve been searching online and 20+ scrap yards in SoCal for over a year.

Amazingly, I’ve been able to source all the parts needed to retrofit the seats, but am not brave enough to attempt the retrofit myself, for fear of ripping hog rings and the like. 

Old 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

So the saga continues....apparently black heated seats are like a rare white elk.

I was able to acquire all the parts needed to make this work, including the heating elements, control boxes and switches with the matching bezel.

Naturally 2 months later I was able to buy a seat of black seat bottoms for the driver and passenger side, but they didn't have the seat backs. The leather was also not in as good condition as mine.

I've been poking at this for a while, big thing I like to have in any of my cars. (If someone has a seat of black seats with the OEM seat elements already installed that they need to get rid of, by all means let me know)

-G

My question for you fine folks....is there any way to test the heating element or control boxes before I have them installed? I was thinking I could throw 12 volts to the heating elements and see if anything happens. For the control boxes, I'm curious if there is an ohm reading or something I could check.