Motorsports Discuss anything to do with racing here....... F1, Drag racing, Indy 500, BTCC etc etc

The Jaguar Experience is...Excellent!

Old 11-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Default The Jaguar Experience is...Excellent!

Greetings all,

I wanted to publicly thank Jaguar for inviting me to the "Jaguar Experience" at Circuit of the Americas a couple weeks ago during the National Vintage Championships at COTA this year.

My wife and I both experienced a couple professional race driver coached runs each on the XE-S and then the F-Type S. We were invited to take more later, but I wanted to make sure everyone got to do the experience, so we only went through the short line once. That F-Type S sure was a blast!

These are short closed "floor it" cone courses designed to help you learn the extreme limits of cornering, braking, and help with the approach lines, braking points, drive lines, acceleration points, and physical mechanics of how to position hands on the steering wheels, etc. By the fourth run I was told I was much much better, to work on not crossing my arms and to maximize the arc at both approach and exit...at first I was hugging the inside line assuming the shortest distance was best...and I learned I was wrong. By the last run my arc were far wider, and greatly increased control AND speed. I've never raced before, so I'm very grateful for this coaching. Now I see why people are willing to pay $several thousands for a Bondurant Racing Class.

We then got to take the $100K Range Rover over the Range Rover challenge course. (I thought I broke the Range Rover on a 40 degree sideways mound when I heard a mechanical metal thunk underneath...the driving coach explained that's the sway bar automatically disconnecting for greater reach on the suspension, and then when you level out it re-connects. Holy crap that's cool!)

The wife and I had a contest of how many degrees (In the cab) we could lean the Range Rover, I won at 20, she did 19. The vehicle is capable of much, much more, but that's the biggest hump they had. Riding in the back seat on the downside when she hit 19 degrees (Interior angle, the wheels were more like 45 degrees...), I thought we would flip, but the coach said this was actually a pretty easy course for the Rover, and I believed him.

We were super impressed, and the Rover made our Bucket List. Darn them for showing us such a great time, those brilliant marketers!

If you get a chance to do this Jaguar Experience, JUMP at it!

Of course we also watched the races. I am a new fan of the Trans Am sprint races...fully race modified vettes, stangs, prosche, even a Vantage! ....no pit stops, ***** to the wall for 100 Mi. Very exciting!

Last edited by Austin7; 11-17-2017 at 10:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Tayls77 (03-06-2018)