Motorsports Discuss anything to do with racing here....... F1, Drag racing, Indy 500, BTCC etc etc

Jaguar Named Official Car of Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Jaguar Named Official Car of Sebring

Jaguar has been named the official car of the Sebring Raceway and the new RSR XKR GT will be in the Mobil 1, 58th Annual, 12 hours of Sebring Race. The 12hrs of Sebring starts the LeMans series each year in the U.S. and it is a phenomenal event. It will be great to have Jaguar in the race this year. If you have never been to the four day event here in Sebring you are missing a great opportunity to get close to the cars, crews, track and the action. Of course living here in Sebring is a big plus. For those of you who will be attending lets plan to gather at the track. For those of you who will not be able to attend I plan to spend time with the RSR Jaguar team and get plenty of pics and details on the cars.

Regards

Tim V.
Sebring

Old 02-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Tim,
I plan to be there for the race on Saturday, I received my tickets in yesterday's mail. I have other people with me (actually, we are staying with them) so I am not making a whole weekend out of it. Should be fun though!
Brian

Old 02-22-2010, 05:50 PM

Hey Brian

Race week at Sebring is really great. If you have not been to the track before it is very easy to get around and there are plenty of opportunities to get up close to the cars and the track. Last year I was able to photograph my grandson in most of the team cars. My goal this year is to get a picture of my XKR next to one of the RSR XKR GT cars. Wear a good pair of walking shoes because there is a lot to see. Are you planning to drive your Jag over?

Regards

Tim

Old 02-23-2010, 03:42 AM

Hi Tim,
I would like to, but we have another couple with us. It doesn't make much sense to bring two cars when we could all go in their XJ8. I'll have to ponder on that, I may change my mind as I really WANT to drive the Jag. Are you bringing yours? If so, do you have any idea where you will be parking? I didn't quite understand the Parking Corrals that were mentioned. Anyway, it would be great to meet up and say "Hi". Do you still get to wander around if you are only there on Saturday? Thanks.
Regards,
Brian

Old 02-23-2010, 07:38 AM

Brian, I will have my car, 2005 XKR Coupe-Zercon Blue, and there should be plenty of parking. I assume you purchased a parking ticket? I have purchased separate parking at the Chateau Elan Hotel right next to the track. Saturday will be the last day that you will be able to drive into the pit area; thereafter, you will have to walk over the track bridge. I will be at the track for the full three days in advance of the race. The best days to get close to the cars and crews without the crowds are days 1-2. Saturday will still be okay, just a bit crowed. If you have never been to the 12 hours of Sebring and you like the race scene you will not be disappointed! Just plan to do a lot of walking.

As race day approaches I will provide you with contact info. If you have any questions in the interim just email me: goldlion@embarqmail.com.

Regards

Tim V.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:53 AM

Hi Tim,
Many thanks for the info! I didn't get parking as I think that it said there was no $25 charge if your car held 4 people or more. As that was the plan, I didn't see a need to do it. I really would like to drive the Jag though. Do you think my friends would mind sitting in the back of the XKR? It's only a little tight back there!

Would I be able to pay/park at the Chateau Elan that you mentioned? Is that something that should be done in advance?

I would love to see your car (yeah, another Coupe!) and meet you, so either way, I'll PM you so that we can meet up there.
Thanks,
Brian

Old 02-24-2010, 09:58 AM

Brian, parking at the Chateau Elan is the way to go if you don't mind paying a little extra. For $37.45 per person you can park in their lot, much better if you want to protect your car. You also get unlimited access to the Hotel facilities and a great view of the hair pin turn at the end of the inside straightaway. You can sit on their back lawn with an unobstructed view of the track and it is also a great location for pictures. Last year my wife and really appreciated having access to the hotel facilites. They usually do a lunch/supper meal on the back lawn (extra) You can also purchase an unlimited ticket from the hotel that inlcudes all the food and drinks you can consume during the race and breakfast the next morning. If you don't want to walk the short distance from the hotel to the pits you can catch one of the trams. Space is limited so call the hotel real soon.

Regards

Tim

Old 02-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Miami XKR
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

lol, try to take some pictures !

Old 02-25-2010, 11:16 AM

Thanks, Tim! I'll shout at you before Race Day.
Regards,
Brian