New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings

Hello,

Name is Ron. Just bought my wife an 07 X Type last week. Cars in good shape, few very minor things that I've figured out how to fix on here, thanks to all.

We are sound nuts and I just don't see the value in investing in all the equipment to make the factory system do what it can and still live with compromises, so our first project is a Double DIN system that has been demonstrated to fit, Alpine V-12 amp and 6.5 separates and the rear connectivity system. I also have the 08 grill on the list and a few other things.

This is my first Jag, and so far I love the car. It is hers so we will probably leave the running gear alone. If I continue to like the car I may look for an older one to build to the hilt for me!!
Thanks

Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly Forum,Ron and thanks for the interesting intro.
It looks as if you know your way to the X type section.
There's a Regional one too
Western US - AK CA NV OR UT HI WA ID - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy your membership here.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:59 AM
GGG
Received 16,828 Likes on 12,179 Posts

Welcome to the forum Ron,

Several others have come to the same conclusion as you about the stock audio. We have an Audio/Visual Electronics section you can find by following this link:

Audio/Visual Electronics - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Follow this link X-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X-Type section for help, advice and information.

You may also like to visit the US Western Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/western-us-ak-ca-nv-ut-hi-wa-id-38/ to find other members in your region. There are a few in HI.

Enjoy the X-Type and the forum.

Graham

Old 02-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Received 6,275 Likes on 5,471 Posts

Welcome to the forum Ron,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi Ron & welcome aboard Jaguarforums ....... good to have you here with us

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Now how about sharing a few pics of your ride?

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

I hate to say anything negative about a Jag, but I've been somewhat underwhelmed with my sound as well. It's better than my GTI, but not as good as some other cars I've had. I'd be interested to hear if your aftermarket replacements are satisfactory to you.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (02-06-2013)