New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings and Salutations

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings and Salutations

I was fortunate enough to buy a British Racing Green X-Type 2.5 with standard transmission back in 2003.

It was my first new car and I got an unbelievable deal.

It has run pretty well so far, but I've had some minor workmanship problems that resulted in some rather pricey repairs. Bad sealants took out my water pump and one of my rear break calipers. I recently had to replace my fuel pump, which was a little disappointing because fuel system problems killed my last car (a '96 Ford Thurderbird). Even more disappointing because every tank has been Chevron Supreme with Techron. Don't believe the hype!

I live in Southern California and my trade is supply chain management.

I have an electrical engineering background but really don't know too much about cars. I've attempted some minor repairs (headlamp for example) with little success. Everything is so packed in in this car that you need to remove extra parts or buy/make a special tool.

Other than, I love my car. It is still the best thing I ever purchased. It drives wonderfully and passes the first date test.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,844 Likes on 3,160 Posts

Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you will see we are a friendly bunch around here. So, read up, learn about your car, and enjoy a cup of Joe.

As for doing repairs to the car, don't fret. I can help you out with about everything. I do am into wiring (electronics tech), but I have spent too many years to admit to teaching mechanics how wiring works. So, I can explain things in a way that you can understand.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,208 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Glad to hear that you still love the car after all that time and a few ****les.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Looks like the 8 year love relationship overcomes the problems. welcome aboard.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,147 Likes on 753 Posts

better late than never dba! Maybe you can score some knowledge from the x-type guys and your next car project will be successful. Good luck!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there dbaluch welcome aboard the forum, good to have you here
Nice intro and thanks for the info too......
Great info in the X type section....check out the X type FAQ quick link thread in particular

Some great guys / DIY'ers and top techs here all friendly and willing to help if able.

There's also more than a few laughs and plenty going on in the Off Topic sections + the regional areas, so check them out.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can immediately enjoy all the benefits this site has to offer, enjoy the site.