New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello

Just wanted to say hello, since I am new to this forum. I have a 2001 Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas In silver. It lives in north Texas. I picked it up 3 months ago from a relative and paid 3k for it. It has done 176k miles but the transmission was replaced in it 60k miles ago at the jaguar repair house.

It still looks good even though my cousin (it was his first car at the age of 18) put a dent in nearly every body panel, broke the antenna, and broke the cup holder and the headliner is falling down. Beside that and a tick forum one of the valves it in great shape.

No pictures as of yet to show it though but hope to have some soon.

About me. I am the head mechanic / Manager at a Kwik Kar. I am also in the Texas Army National Guard. Been in for over 5 years now. I have some serious back issues due to a Humvee wreck.

That about it.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome aboard, glad you have joined us on the forum!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Received 6,284 Likes on 5,479 Posts

Welcome tothe forum,

Good to have you here.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,209 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

If you haven’t already you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for. To do this go to, User CP, Edit Signature, Add Vehicle Details and such and Save Your Signature.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Also, should you have questions related to your vehicle please post it in the section for your model year (MY) car. This way you will reach all the members that are familiar with your MY car.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi Utamaru, Welcome aboard, great to have you here with us at JF.

Some great guys here, top techs, good info and more than a few laughs here n there, so jump in and enjoy......

manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site.......enjoy your time here

Old 09-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,261 Likes on 565 Posts

Howdy, utamaru! Being a head mechanic you are an ideal Jag owner. Mine has never stranded me, but I've had to work through some little quirks. I love it, though.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
Howdy, utamaru! Being a head mechanic you are an ideal Jag owner. Mine has never stranded me, but I've had to work through some little quirks. I love it, though.

Thanks for that though I hope that my being a mechanic doesn't come in to play that much while I own this Jag lol