New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello all

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all

Dan here, from Los Angeles.

I've just found an '04 XJR (black/black, low miles) to keep my "old faithful" '95 XJR (black/grey, not-so-low miles) company.

I'm still getting over how much bigger the '04 seems (love the power, though, and the adaptive cruise)... but I think I might actually like the handling of the old car better (or maybe I'm just getting used to that, too?)

My other automotive illnesses are (mostly) centered around old Astons and older Alfas, but I can't imagine wanting to drive anything but the Jag day-to-day.

Just found the forum recently, when I started to look into some glitches with the old car... I'm really impressed, and look forward to being a part of it.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Dan, welcome to the forum, so sorry for the late reply as we seem to have missed you....sorry buddy
Great to have you here and nice intro / info...

There's usually plenty going on in most sections, most of the time.

You might find the off topic good for fun, maybe check out the mug shot thread and add yours?
Don't forget the regional section and also the detailing section is a must.

Some good guys and great techs, top vendors and more to come....all good

In the meantime I've upgraded you manually to full forum access so you can better veiw the site

Old 05-06-2011, 05:54 AM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dan,

Sounds like you have pretty good taste in cars, but old Alfas? when I were a lad an old Alfa was one that was still in one piece after 5 years!

Old 05-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,208 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Hello Dan and welcome to jaguarforums.com.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by norri
Welcome to the forum Dan,

Sounds like you have pretty good taste in cars, but old Alfas? when I were a lad an old Alfa was one that was still in one piece after 5 years!
Oooo... now you've done it!
5 years maybe, depending on who's maintaining it... but my 53-year old Giulietta Spider Veloce looks like new, and will run all day long at the head of the high $$ pack on 1000-mile tours like the California Mille... I love my Jaguars, but give me any Alfa any day on a winding backroad...
now I do only wish I could afford much older Alfas (say maybe an 8C2900, beyond Ferrari before Ferrari...)