New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello from Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello from Chicago

I guess I never formally posted a Hello. I am Keith, live in the burbs of Chicago, married, father of three. I have an 04 X-Type 3.0 Sport that is getting close to 60,000 miles. I have had it since August of 04. Since it is out of warranty I have been looking for a site that has a good sense of sharing information. I tend to do all my own work so it will be great to share ideas and assistance.

I have already learned a lot just lurking around the forum. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of the Jag so I guess I need to get those and post them. I found the link to the JTIS and now have a full fledged on-line manual. If you do your own work and do not have this, I HIGHLY recommend it. If you search the forum for JTIS you will find many references and the link to site that has it available for download.

I feel like I am at an AA meeting, I must admit I a little over the top in the car hobby and cannot leave stock alone. I have a few tweaks planned for the X-Type this spring.

That is it for now...

Old 12-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Hello from Chicago

Youre absolutely right, you need to take and post some photos.[sm=welcomesign.gif]Where did you find the JTIS link?

Old 12-19-2008, 02:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome , you are already a well known member lol

Old 12-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi and welcome to the AA... oppps I mean the Jaguar Forums.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:07 AM

Thanks everyone.

queenemb here is the link to the JTIS http://www.cannell.co.uk/Jaguar_Work...uals/JCD-1.zip
There are other manuals posted there as well, check out http://www.cannell.co.uk/Manuals.htm

Old 12-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  6.3 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  9.9 KBName:  tshirt03-2.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  6.0 KB

Hey Keith n welcome
Lookin forward to the pics too.....What upgrades do you have planned?

Jim

Old 12-19-2008, 11:57 AM

My main goal is to get the car to handle a little better. I am going to start with the suspension first. I am looking at Eibach springs, new shocks/struts and then doing something to the rear to reduce understeer.

I also want a little more exhaust note. I looked at Borla but from the audio clips I am not sure that is the sound I am after. I may end up with something custom. I am still looking around for that.

I would love to get an ECU upgrade that will allow the car to downshift to first. (yes I have a boring automatic) I hate the fact that the only way to get the car to take off is from a dead stop or less than 5, otherwise it never drops into first.

That is about it as there is not much offered in the aftermarket for this car.

Right now the car is covered in snow, salt and road grime so it is not picture worthy.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I realllyy want to see how it looks after you upgrade the suspension and lower it a bit, I think thats exactly what the X needs..

Old 12-19-2008, 01:57 PM

WhiteSTR - I will post before and after pictures but it will not be done until spring.

Who is doing the tune on the ECU? The only place I found so far is in England. Granted your car is quite different but if they do the S maybe they can do the X. My biggest hope to the get the shift points remapped.

I had the pleasure of driving a STR a month ago while my car was in for service, it was a blast! I was amazed at the performance it had, deceptively quick. I saw your note on the ticket so I know you stretch its legs!

Life is to short to drive boring cars. You have an interesting selection of cars in your stable, care to share a few pictures and details?

Old 12-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,147 Likes on 753 Posts

Glad you came by for the "official" intro keith. Looking forward to seeing your x like the rest. We can never see enough pictures of these cars. They're all stunning to look at.

Everytime I get a loaner from the dealer, its been either a volvo or a range rover. Of course, most of the time I get dropped off or picked up, its in the new XF. Should be the other way around..lol