New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello everybody

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everybody

Hello,
My name is Scott and joined this site yesterday due to buying my first jag last week. I bought a 2003 x type. My last 3 cars were all eldorados and I really loved them. I am getting to know my new jag and so far minus a few issues the car seems to be a really nice car. It has the smaller 2.5 and few options Compared to my last car but who needs all those options? My last eldo saved my life and I really wanted another one but I am very picky and couldnt find one that had not been beat to death so I bought a jag. I was hit head on by a 740 bmw that was doing 50 mph and I was doind 20 mph when we hit and I walked away from the wreck with only a few broken fingers. The driver of the bmw ended up with many broken bones and was in the hospital for 3 days. The bmw driver was drunk and I mean drunk I was told later by the police that they weree so drunk that they couldnt believe he was able to start the car. You will see me posting a lot over the next few weeks due to the jag having a few problems that I wil need help to fix. Thanks for letting me join the site and look forward to talking or emailing each of you.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey shaynes, welcome to the site!
x type (03) nice car.....I used to have the (02) also 2.5 engine.....gotta love the AWD.
Check out the X type FAQ quick links for lots n lots of posts all written about the X type, covering brakes, lights, T/C and much much more.
You may also get a few ideas about the issues you have currently!
Good luck and enjoy the site

Old 02-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome to the forums
Congrats already on your ride

Old 02-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,147 Likes on 753 Posts

Introduction much appreciated shaynes!

I think you'll find some confidence in your x-type, though she may not take the force of your older car with the same results.

The AWD will provide you with a whole new sense of safety however in inclement weather. Get her fixed up, and post up some pictures of it here if you have any. We like to eyeball other peoples jags.

Enjoy the forums!

Old 02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome Shaynes, sorry to hear about your mishap, but glad that you replaced it with a Jag.