New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello everyone

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone

Hey! I am new here and am an active user on bimmerforums. I used to own a BMW 325i but I have been looking at Jaguars and they are growing on me. For my new car, I really want to go with luxury. BMW offers luxury but it is not their main focus. I will always love BMWs and hope to have one in the future but at the moment I would really like something that will get me to work in style and without worrying about break downs. I am looking at a few X and S types but have not made up my mind. What do you all like and why? Any problems with them? Are they enjoyable to drive? Thank you!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts
Default RE: Hello everyone

Driving a Jag is a pure pleasure way of driving yet makes you happy . X and S are different car I love X more but S is a higher class car .It's all up to you .I think you should go with the late models . For X Type , 3.0 V6 is an amazing engine yet AWD is available along with 2.5 V6 .

Old 10-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

I think that it's safe to say that pick any Jaguar post-03 and you'll be absolutely good. The XJ8/R pick the 02+ and the X-type pick the 04+. The most important thing though is mileage and make sure that whatever car you pick, it was well maintained by the PO. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both for the help and warm welcome! I will definitely be test driving a few in the near future and hopefully purchasing!