New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello from the UK

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from the UK

Just saying hello, not especially sure I will be a member for long (I don't have the time to be an inactive member as required to not get banned in 3 months time), I'm mostly wanting to be allowed to download some of the useful documentation here, which means I need to "qualify" for full account permissions.

If there are any admins reading this, possibly enabling this would stop the phantom "spam" accounts you seem so worried about...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...thout-password

Anyway, just sold my X-Type 3.0 Sport (had it for the last 5 years), and bought an '05 XKR, as I'm sure you can all guess, I'm very happy with it and have not stopped smiling yet since I got it.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum lynx, sorry that you don't plan on sticking around. That's a bit like going to the party and announcing to the hostess that you are only there for the meal and will leave immediately afterwards.

I hope that your XKR keeps you smiling, it would me.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, it's not ideal, but I really don't have the time for another forum, and I would not have signed up if it were possible to find the documentation elsewhere. I do understand the desire to create a community here, and perhaps it is a little selfish of me to want the documents without being an regular active member, but these are your rules, so I am obeying them, but being honest about it.

I would be happy to donate financially if it were an option instead for access to the information here (I do know what it takes to run a large successful website, which is one of the reasons I don't have time to spend here), although I would also struggle to see where the significant financial loss would come in allowing attachments to be accessed by none registered or even just inactive users (other than storing the user information in the database). I haven't used vBulletin much, but I suspect you could possibly captcha access to them in order to avoid excessive downloads...

There is a great repository of collected information on this forum, partially attached as images / pdfs etc... which just does not seem to be available elsewhere, but this wonderful resource is often unusable if you cannot be a regularly active member, because the specific instructions you need to fix your beloved cat can't be followed without the missing information in these attachments.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard Lynx, good to have you here even if it is for a short time. I have to say I feel "used" already

There's some great members here, techs are the best and always plenty going on.....check out the off topic section / detailing section and regional sections too!

I've manually upgraded you to Full foum access so you can better enjoy all the sites features
I really do hope its helpful for you....

Old 11-19-2010, 05:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome, enjoy your stay and I hope you can spare some time here as well