New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Jaguar - What are your opinions?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Jaguar - What are your opinions?!

I think twojags is right. We can tell you anything you want to know about why we bought a Jaguar and what we love about them- there will be no shortage of responses to those questions but as far as marketing past & present you would have to contact Jaguar directly for that. Twojags said it best... we drive em and don't pay much attention to the marketing strategies. For me it is about driving something that is luxurious, powerful and styling like nothing else on the road today.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

well i just wanted to saythe reason i love and own a jag, is that i didnt want to drive and see 10 other cars exactly the same. for me its the feeling that am drive something that haspizazz, style and grace. my jag definately turns head and kicks butt[sm=badbadbad.gif]. timeless beauty.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, MBAJAGUAR, the simple answer to your question was made by Jaguar's founder, Sir William Lyons, who summed up the archetypal Jaguar qualities as "Grace, Space and Pace".

For me that has always said it all. I've owned five XJs since the mid 80's, and for me they are the most graceful, spacioushigh performance saloons (sedans) on the market. They happen also to be relatively good value, when compared with their equivalent competitors, especially other European prestige marques.

When you own and drive a Jaguar you arebenefitting froma tremendous luxury andsporting heritage, inluding multiple Le Mans wins,which shines through in the current modern models. The E Type (XKE in US) was an absolute revolution when it was launched in the 1960's. No other manufacturer could come close to it on performance or price. The modern cars benefit from the same company mindset, and nobody elsecan do that, as far as I'm concerned.

As a prestige motor, even in the UK they are not as common a sight as many other manufacturers' products, and as such retain their own distictive and special character. They continue to turn heads, both in the car park and on the road. Others seem surprised when such a large luxury car can seriously out perform them on the road. Basically these cars have it all. Nothing else compares for those of us who have discovered the essence of beautiful, powerful and exciting luxury motoring.