New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Gal

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Gal

Hi, I am Joan (call me Joni)
From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, U.S.A.

38 y.o., married to a very cool and laid-back guy my age who does heavy towing (tows semi trucks when they break down or flip over), and where we live, it is bitter cold and snowy in the winter, so it happens a lot. I am a nurse and surgery assistant for a dermatologist.

We are actually starting to buy some neat cars now, stuff we have always wanted. He is looking at a 99 BMW convertible I think 300 series (?), to repaint and update as well.

My husband and I just started out with a 2002 Jaguar X-Type last year. The price was right and we are putting a bit of money into it to fix up, but we understood that at the beginning. It is actually in his company's collision center being completely repainted right now (clear coat was peeling on one door), with paint booth (box?) et. al; they have taken off most of chrome and hardware, door handles, and done 4 coats (Jag Green) and 2 clear coats already, and may or may not do a third clear coat. It is going to look sweet!! Doing new rims and tires, alignment after it is back home. Have had some minor things done, someone had a minor collision in the front, and did a "cheap job" fixing stuff. Have had front splash guard replaced, new rocker panel cover on passenger side, cheap aftermarket window-tint re-done, missing passenger side exhaust clips replaced, and would you believe previous owner super-glues the headlight bulbs into the sockets!!??? Good Lord. Mostly cosmetic stuff has been done so far. Otherwise engine and working parts all systems go. Using a mechanic that is a rareity around here... old guy named Fischer who has worked on Jag, MG, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Porsche, Volvo, Austin Healey... for almost 40 years now. Still doing a great job with the changing technology, and only charges $60/hr. for labor, as opposed to $115 at "Almighty Dealership". His lot is a trip... about a million rusted out 60's and 70's imports on the yard (for parts), as well as some brand new beauties kept inside. My fave is a 70's Jag convertible coupe, white with navy top. Beautifully restored... will get a picture sometime.

My X-Type has 60,000 mi., manual shift, no sport package. Originally Jag Green also, cream interior. Glad I have tape player now that I have gotten an iPod.

I am here to discuss Jags, ask some questions, (well perhaps a lot of questions over time) and learn how to take care of and love my car the very best way I can!!

See you on the Threads, Folks!

P.S. I noticed the emoticons here, and took a peek through them... is one of them REALLY a bunny with a pancake on its head???? LOL

Last edited by jonijoni; 11-17-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

jonijoni, welcome to the Forums. Sounds like you have a lot of plans for the car. Just a warning though, owning a Jag is very addictive. If you have any questions, just ask. There's people here that can probably answer just about any question that you may have. Some of us are even looking to expand what our X-Types are capable of. So, join the club and keep the conversations going.

As for the bunny with the pancake on its head, yes it is there and there is a long story about that. Just smile, use the bunny periodically and all will be good. LMAO.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Joni. Ask away, and some of may actually be able to answer your qiestions.

Thermo...I wanna know the story behind the pancake bunny...lol.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Welcome Joni. It's great to hear you went into your X-Type knowing you were going to sink a few bucks into her from the get go. Enjoy your stay here.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome Joni and hubby, look forward to the pics. Also be nice if you could throw in a few of your friend's 'graveyard' quite a few of us are into classic cars.
Enjoy your stay.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome and enjoy. Nice people here :-)

peace out,
daddylogan

Old 11-18-2009, 02:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Welcome to the forums
Speaking of emoticons , here you're some samples of them

Old 11-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Howdy neighbor! We live within minutes of each other. I live in North Hill (only a local would get that)! Nice to hear from someone else in the area. Would really like to meet the mechanic you talk about. Where is he at? Is his shop on State Rd.? I think I've seen it if it is. Do you and your husband go to any of the car shows in the area? The 3 series BMW sounds like it would be a neat toy. I've got a 80's Dodge convertible but would really like to get an XJ-S convertible to work on. Feel free to PM me if you wish. It would be nice to talk with a couple in the area. Oh, BTW, have you gone to any of the "local" dealers? I know.. only one in Canton and two up by Cleveland... If not, I've got a decent relationship with Jaguar Cleveland in Solon. They aren't a bargain place, but have treated me very well with anything I've needed. The most impressive thing is their respect that I wish to do most of the work on my car myself. They have helped with instruction and understanding what I need to get.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Welcome joni^2, lovely introduction (as JimC would say) and hope you enjoy the forums as much as the guys above me. We try not to run off our token females, and hope you can hash out the sarcasm as much as some of our regulars do. If you can, you'll fit right in.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

For those interested in the pancake bunny story, check out http://www.syberpunk.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=oolong. This explains the whole story behind it. It is one of those mystery internet things that people find interesting, but not sure where it started. This explains it all.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Veteran member

So keep Oolong's memory alive...

Old 11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howdy Joni

Welcome to the forum! It smells better in here already.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:26 PM

Wow, what great and plentiful introductions!!! Thanks guys!!!

JOsworth, will PM you, and yes, it is Fischers on State Rd. That guy is a genius!

I am very sarcastic myself at times, so no one's humor will offend me, believe me!!

Off to check out the bunny symbolism.......

And if amnyone knows how to post pics on this site, let me know! I am going to give it a go...... but may need help...

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2009, 10:10 PM

Welcome to the Forum Joni and Hubby, I Tow also, light and heavy duty

Old 11-18-2009, 10:13 PM

Name:  Jag2.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  Jag1.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  73.5 KB

Last edited by jonijoni; 11-18-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:50 PM

testing signature.... sorry for the overkill!!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Veteran member

Nice pics....

Are those factory wheels? The design escapes me..

Old 11-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member

LOVE that color! ))

Old 11-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

i hope you don't mind, but since you posted a mug shot, i unselfishly posted it in the official Mug Shot thread we've got going. See, saved you a trip!

Old 11-24-2009, 04:18 PM

h20- No problem on the pic posting!

Jamey. Thanks for helping me to realize I keep calling it Jaguar Green... when it is BR Green!! Go Green!!

JOsworth, NOT factory, aftermarket, they were on the car already. Skinned up and dark gray, which on THIS car, looks a fright!!!

Getting some Coopers and new rims. Yippeee!!

Quick Reply: New Gal