New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member in Boise, Idaho. THANK YOU!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member in Boise, Idaho. THANK YOU!

Hi everyone, My name is Dave and I recently purchased a 2003 Jaguar X-type, 2.5L with 120,00 for my wife. My wife had had her 1998 Honda Civic since she was 16. Her parents bought for her brand new. I figured it was time for her to upgrade in style.

I have to say I bought this Jag fast from a private party young gal who now knowing....she set us up for failure and did not maintain this car at all. It left me on the side of the interstate twice in one day on the way home from work (limp mode).

Needless to say I have learned so much from you guys on this forum already, that I knew I needed to sign up and introduce myself. I have learned so much that I decided to go all out for a complete tune up.

Upon taking the Intake manifold off and pulling the ignition coils out I noticed the spark plugs 4 out of 6 have oil on them. One of the ignition coils had a torn boot too. The plugs look toasted and stock. They had purple paint on the tips and the gaps were .065-.070.

I ordered IMT gaskets
Upper and lower intake manifold gaskets
valve cover gaskets with boss seals for the plugs
pcv valve
upgraded pcv hose
OEM plugs
(6) OEM ignition coils
Negative battery cable
Fuel filter
Water pump belt
Serpentine belt
Throttle body gasket

Thanks to you guys and all your wealth of information I am able to learn, do and save tons of $$$. I would not know how to do any of this without this forum.

I would like to ask if there are any tips, pictures or write ups on the proper removing of valve cover gaskets/boss seals and installation. This is where I am currently.

Also anything else I should do while I am down and dirty in this motor to bullet proof and tune up @ 120,000 miles....3rd owner?

I currently serviced car with synthetic oil and replaced the rear diff fluid. I am going to have T/C drained and refilled and have the tranny looked at for sanity check.

Thanks again guys! Much appreciation!

Dave

Old 04-17-2013, 05:12 PM
GGG
Received 16,794 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dave,

Great Intro - good to hear you've already found useful info here.

This means you probably already know your way to the tech section but if not, follow this link X-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X-Type section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top there is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You may also like to visit the US western Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/w...t-hi-wa-id-38/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 04-17-2013 at 05:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dfriedrich208 (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Great intro thanks for sharing........I'm sure we have the info you're looking for and the members to help in the X type section........drop in, they'll be glad to help

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

dfriedrich208 (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 PM

Graham and Jim, thanks for the warm welcome. This is a great site! I hope to be able to recieve help and eventually the longer I own the Jag for my wife :-)..........I can later offer assistance and advice. Thanks for the upgrade on the forum and the advice for a regional page! Have a great day/night fella's! Dave

Old 04-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

All good Dave.................

Old 04-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Received 6,250 Likes on 5,450 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dave,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

dfriedrich208 (04-18-2013)
Old 04-18-2013, 10:24 AM

Thanks Nori for the warm welcome!