New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

What's Up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's Up!

My name is Chad and Im taking on an 88 Jag XJ6 for my first Jag project Car.
I found this lady in a barn, where she had been sitting for about 15 years. the body is next to perfect with no rust, but theres a few "quirks" going on under the hood!

The brake pressure warning light comes on and of frequently, but I think this is due to the lack of brake fluid in the system. It could be the accumulator as well. but since the brakes do work, but are a little soft, that the fluid levels are to blame. there is also an intermittent "sputter" going on with the engine.

It seems to me to be a fuel issue, probably has the same gas that was in it 15 years ago. a fuel pressure test is next on the agenda.

I plan on a full "restoration" (not much restoring will be needed) to be carried out over the next year, so Ill be hanging around for awhile. Nice to meet you!

Old 08-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi Fixer88 & welcome aboard, good to have you here with us

Great intro post but no pics ....lol

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Why not drop in and visit the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 08-27-2012, 01:43 PM

Thanks Jim, Ill post pics of her soon. shes a beaut

Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 PM
GGG
Received 16,818 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Welcome to the forum Chad,

Sleeping cats need to be woken carefully!

A 1988 could be either Series III or XJ40, both of which were badged as XJ6.

For the earlier Series III, follow this link XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum and for the later XJ40, this one XJ40 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum for help and advice.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Stretching my US geography knowledge with 'KCMO' but worked it out as Kansas City. Please also visit the Mid West US Region section https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/mid-west-us-il-ia-mi-mn-mo-oh-wi-39/ for other members and events in your region.

Hope the resto goes smoothly. Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Received 6,256 Likes on 5,456 Posts

Welcome to the forum Chad,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:34 AM

Thanks! Ill take some good pictures over the weekend, I still need to scrub her down real nice. Are there any parts vendors you guys recommend or who are associated with this forums? Thanks!

Old 08-28-2012, 10:41 AM
GGG
Received 16,818 Likes on 12,177 Posts