Central Locking not working after working after battery disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2023, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Locking not working after working after battery disconnect

Hi there,
the vehicle I am requesting information about is a 2013 Jaguar XF Wagon based here in New Zealand. As the result of a battery disconnect the central locking no longer functions.

Vehicle has been to a Jaguar dealership twice now for diagnosis with the same result both times. Unable to reboot the central lock system & remedy the issue. I even asked the dealership about a work around I found on an overseas forum. The forum information that I forwarded a Jaguar dealership explained how there was work around which is related to purchasing an aftermarket cable that allows access to the SSD system? I think this is correct. This allows the technician to perform a reset of the locking module after a battery disconnect. This restores operation of the central locking, Dealership advised that this has been tried along with the generic check with a Jaguar scan tool.

Long story short I have been told that there is no other solution other than to replace the two control modules at a cost of $16,500.00 + GST. As you can imagine I was a little blown away by this. If there is someone out there that has information on this issue and/or knows of a tech that can assist I would really appreciate some direction here.

Old 01-29-2023, 05:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,921 Likes on 1,669 Posts

Have you posted on the XF forum on here, it might be better than just the regional one?

Old 03-12-2023, 01:26 AM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

This is a well know and documented issue with the XF update when disconnecting the battery before allowing the electronics to go to sleep. Your jaguar dealer should be aware of this, if not then you need to be very weary of them.
The jaguar dealer probably does not have the jaguar software to reset this issue normally about 100 in the UK.
Some independents might have aftermarket software to reset it.
Yep standard jaguar response to any electrical issue replace all the computers. I bet they can't even program a new key for you.