Non-Jaguar Vehicles This area is designated for discussion about non-Jaguar Vehicles.

1982 Mercedes 300cd Turbo Diesel

Old 06-17-2017, 12:39 AM
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 1982 Mercedes 300cd Turbo Diesel

Hi all,

I posted this first in the OFF TOPIC forum and it somehow vanished with no explanation or notification of it being moved? I wonder why? if I broke any policy rules then please someone let me know.

Anyhow, I will try again here.

A girlfriend of mine just inherited her mothers 1982 Mercedes 300CD turbo diesel. She wants to sell it and use the money towards a more modern vehicle.

I have searched all over the internet and the selling price of these are so varied that it has me confused on what to value this car at on the used car market. I have seen some as low at $2500 and some as high as $12k.

The car she has is a one owner car that her Dad bought new in 1982. He passed and then her Mom gave it to her. To run, all it needs is a new battery and a new brake master cylinder which will be taken care of before selling. The only other things wrong with it are a few cosmetic blemishes and a broken door lock on one door. Other then that it is in what I would call fair-good condition and has always been a strong running car.

Anyhow around here with Mercedes experience and what these bad boys go for these days on the used car market?

Thanks in advance.

peace out,
daddylogan

Old 06-22-2017, 03:24 AM
GGG
Received 16,747 Likes on 12,140 Posts

Originally Posted by daddylogan
I posted this first in the OFF TOPIC forum and it somehow vanished with no explanation or notification of it being moved? I wonder why? if I broke any policy rules then please someone let me know. .....
When a post/thread is deleted it is no longer visible to Members but is still visible to Admin and Moderators.

I've gone back through your posts for six months and there is nothing shown as deleted. I also can't find a thread with the same title that has been moved.

Graham

Old 07-03-2017, 07:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 565 Likes on 353 Posts

It all comes down to condition of the car. How's the interior (should be leather in a CD I believe), how many miles on it?