Non-Jaguar Vehicles This area is designated for discussion about non-Jaguar Vehicles.

Any other Crossfire owners?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any other Crossfire owners?

I really love the Crossfire. The NA is under powered of course, but the Supercharged version has just too stiff a suspension to have ANY kind of pleasant drive. The NA is an incredibly well behaved vehicle, comfortable and roomy actually; solid as a rock at speed, and has so far been very dependable. I was concerned I would fall out of love with it after purchasing the XJR, but they are 2 totally different rides, that I really almost equally like them both. The XJR is of course the "better" car in terms of everything except cornering, and the fact that while people still love the look of the Jag, you don't get the "Wow! what is that"? factor and have people drive up close to see what your car is and/or to take pictures

Old 09-04-2017, 08:04 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I recently sold my Crossfire SRT-6. Beautiful lines and certainly the fastest car I have owned but not nearly as much fun around the curves as the TVR it replaced and lacking the quality of materials evident in my S-Type. A manual may have made for a different experience.

2005 Crossfire SRT 6 - modified supercharged AMG 3.2

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 09-04-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
I recently sold my Crossfire SRT-6. Beautiful lines and certainly the fastest car I have owned but not nearly as much fun around the curves as the TVR it replaced and lacking the quality of materials evident in my S-Type. A manual may have made for a different experience.

2005 Crossfire SRT 6 - modified supercharged AMG 3.2
I had to look up what a TVR was. Cool car!

Old 09-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That six speed you have is uncommon and would make for a much more engaging experience. There is an active Crossfire group with some Canadian members:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/

Canada offered TVRs long after they pulled out of USA. Some get smuggled in every once in a while.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
That six speed you have is uncommon and would make for a much more engaging experience. There is an active Crossfire group with some Canadian members:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/

Canada offered TVRs long after they pulled out of USA. Some get smuggled in every once in a while.
Yep 6 spd makes for a fun drive. I am currently on the Crossfire Forum with the same name. Good active forum with a lot of great information on the car.I plan on making it down towards your neck of the woods for the The Tail of the Dragon meet they have in the Fall. 8000 kilometer round trip for me.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always respected the Crossfire SRT-6. It has the same engine as my C32 AMG.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Weren't the crossfire built on the outgoing Mercedes SL platform that was no longer going to be used by Mercedes because it hadn't really been updated all that much since the 70's or 80's?