Non-Jaguar Vehicles This area is designated for discussion about non-Jaguar Vehicles.

Audi dealer - Roadside Assist A6

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default Audi dealer - Roadside Assist A6

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey guys, thought I'd post this here as it seems more relevant than anywhere else.

Some of you may know the long history of poor start / cold start + non start issues I've had with her over the last 4 years?

She was in the dealers just around 2-3 weeks ago and also got ANOTHER new battery ( still under warranty ) for this very problem!!!

Well, the last week and a half has saw so many poor starts and almost fail to start issues I really wwas getting worried!!
I've even had a 650 mile trip in one day so it can't be short journeys draining the battery?
Jumped into my car tonight around 4.30 and tried to start>>>>NOTHING not even a click, man was I annoyed!!

Warranty ran out 27th March, No roadside assist.....what a mess?

Anyway, called my dealer and explained and they said, call Audi Assist and ask to take out another full years cover, should be around £89 ( turned out to be £84 ) Ask them to send you a receipt and we will reimburse that for you and you'll have the cover for the year......WOW great news and NOT what was expecting!

Anyhow, they asked for the Roadside guys to recover the car and NOT try to start her so they could better see the faults when diagnosing?
After a few calls back n forth they agreed and after speaking with the dealer, my service rep said, did you get a repelacement car organised, to which I replied no.

He asked that I again call the Roadisde assist and tell them I need a car for a few days, which I did.

They immediately got one sorted, after the recovery vehicle takes my car, they are arranging a taxi to collect me and take me to a National car rental site to pick up a replacement vehicle.

After mentioning to Audi that I was now out of warranty, they said, don't worry as the repair for non starting was still in the warranty period everything should be fine

Don't get me wrong, I'm mad as hell as I shouldn't have had to put up with this scenario for this length of time, but they cannot seem to get to the bottom of the issues at all!!

I can be hard to please at the best of times but as far as todays call went, thats service way over and beyond IMO.....Kudos to Audi for the way they have handled this so far

>>>> waiting on recovery truck to arrive was bored and thought I'd post it up........This was around 6pm!

UPDATE - Collected the car and removed to dealership for diagnosis, taxi arrived at around 7pm and took me to Glasgow Airport to the car rental place. I collected a very nice VW PAssat 170bhp Auto with zero to pay and have it for the duration of the issues with mine.

On the way home I even got a call from Roadside Assist to make sure everything went smoothly, and they apologised for not being able to offer an equivalent Audi, but that a swap may be possible tomorrow . next day if required.

Considering the car is 4 yrs old AND out of warranty albeit only recently, I can't fault their service

Old 04-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Kudos to your dealer Jim, that is service as it should be. Hopefully they will keep the car for as long as it takes to finally get to the bottom of the problem.

At least now, you are not putting pressure on them to return the car too quickly.

Mind you when you wander over there later on to collect your lighter from the glove box, you might want to glance at your current miles, a dated photo wouldn't hurt.

Just sayin'

Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

Originally Posted by Translator
Kudos to your dealer Jim, that is service as it should be. Hopefully they will keep the car for as long as it takes to finally get to the bottom of the problem. I hope so too

At least now, you are not putting pressure on them to return the car too quickly.

Mind you when you wander over there later on to collect your lighter from the glove box, you might want to glance at your current miles, a dated photo wouldn't hurt.
To be honest Richard, I've heard so many horror stories that it's almost scary. I always used to make checks before and after as a habit when dropping my car at the dealers, I don't really anymore other than perhaps a cursory glance out of habit I guess.
They've had my car with a full tank of fuel and dozens of bottles of whisky / vodka in the boot etc and I've never had anything go missing, so its all good, but thanks for the thought

Just sayin'

Old 04-08-2011, 04:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I appreciate your dealer's service and assitance . It's very unusual that they apologised for not offering you a car equivalent to Audi , although it's from a VW family . Well done to them