PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

1972 XJ6 Series 1 for sale - 2,800 obo

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by evenstar
Baby blue 1972 Series 1 XJ6 with dark blue leather interior, power windows & a/c. Has been pretty well maintained and original items replaced/repaired as needed. Was shown by its previous owner 10 or so years ago. The previous owner had the engine replaced 4 years ago with a straight 6 from another XJ6 with about 72,000 miles on it (about the same miles as the original engine had). I have put another 6,000 miles or so on it in the 3+ years I have owned it. Has been my daily driver and off and on and runs well and handles beautifully. Has some small mechanical issues - mostly just something with the carb/choke sticking sometimes the first few minutes you start driving. Two months ago a classic Jag mechanic had the alternator professionally rebuilt, installed a new voltage regulator, and gave it a tune up. Now the electrical all works beautifully and all the accessories (windows, a/c, wipers, etc) function well. The most significant problem with the car there is a rust above both rear wheel wells with bubbling paint and another small spot that is bubbling at the bottom of the front drivers side panel. There are a few tears in the leather upholstery, and other misc. interior imperfections. The floors are in good shape with no discernible rust. Has a nice 3 year old Alpine stereo with removable faceplate and iPod interface and four 4" two way Alpine speakers.

(The first photo makes the back passenger door look like it is lighter than the rest of the car. Its just a lighting/photo issue, the paint is all consistent)

$2,800 obo
Is this car available if so let me know sent me a message

Old 03-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by evenstar
Baby blue 1972 Series 1 XJ6 with dark blue leather interior, power windows & a/c. Has been pretty well maintained and original items replaced/repaired as needed. Was shown by its previous owner 10 or so years ago. The previous owner had the engine replaced 4 years ago with a straight 6 from another XJ6 with about 72,000 miles on it (about the same miles as the original engine had). I have put another 6,000 miles or so on it in the 3+ years I have owned it. Has been my daily driver and off and on and runs well and handles beautifully. Has some small mechanical issues - mostly just something with the carb/choke sticking sometimes the first few minutes you start driving. Two months ago a classic Jag mechanic had the alternator professionally rebuilt, installed a new voltage regulator, and gave it a tune up. Now the electrical all works beautifully and all the accessories (windows, a/c, wipers, etc) function well. The most significant problem with the car there is a rust above both rear wheel wells with bubbling paint and another small spot that is bubbling at the bottom of the front drivers side panel. There are a few tears in the leather upholstery, and other misc. interior imperfections. The floors are in good shape with no discernible rust. Has a nice 3 year old Alpine stereo with removable faceplate and iPod interface and four 4" two way Alpine speakers.

(The first photo makes the back passenger door look like it is lighter than the rest of the car. Its just a lighting/photo issue, the paint is all consistent)

$2,800 obo
Where is the photo? and is it still up for sale?I would appreciate a reply