PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Central US]: 1995 Jaguar XJR

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1995 Jaguar XJR

Taking a new direction in life and its time to let her go. So up for sale is my low mileage, well loved its whole life 1995 Jaguar XJR. 20 years old but looks 5. I purchased the Jag in 2011. The Car is in Very Good to Excellent condition inside and out. It has had NO rust or collision damage anywhere. It is always parked indoors and also not driven durring the few bad winter months we get here in Southwestern Missouri. No evidence by visual or carfax of any collisions. I suspect that at some point the clear coat was resprayed. There are some minor scratches but nothing deep or obvious. The body panels are straight and line up perfect. Low miles at 86,800. Non-Smoking car, still smells fantastic inside. Leather is perfect, no rips, cracks, worn spots or holes. (The cup holders still work!) The wood is all in good shape. The steering wheel leather and wood are perfect. Carpets are clean and not worn. The OEM Jaguar floor mats are good but a little faded. Automatic climate control works as it should and the A/C is cold. Windows have been professionally tinted. Power seats and the Tilt-Tele steering column memory all work, as do the windows and locks. Two working remote Key-Fobs and two original keys. The factory alarm system works. I have the original owners manual and leather pouch. I've installed the aluminum trim around the gauges and a beautiful real wood shift knob with Growler and "Supercharged" inlay. There are no active warning lamps and all of the dash indicators pass the start-up test. I have some of the receipts of work done over the years and all the receipts for what's been done while I have owned it. Here is a list of what has been done since I purchased it...

Newer tires, Kumho Ecsta 245-50r17, Aprox 8,000 miles on them.
Replaced transmission mount with OEM Jaguar parts.
Replaced Power antenna mast.
Replaced both exhaust manifolds, gaskets and "olives" with new OEM Jaguar parts.
Replaced Battery.
The previous owner and I both used synthetic oil for every oil change. You can see under the cam cover in one of the photo's its clean, never any sludge or deposits.

Recent work that has been done, what I have been calling its "20 year Service"...

Replaced...
  • All Coolant Hoses (Some OEM Jaguar, Some URO Parts)
  • All Heater Hoses (Some OEM Jaguar, Some URO Parts)
  • Water Pump (Rebuilt, British Parts International)
  • Thermostat and Gasket (Stant)
  • Water Rail Gaskets
  • Water Manifold to Engine Gasket (OEM Jaguar)
  • Vacuum Lines
  • Intake Manifold Gasket (OEM Jaguar)
  • Cam Cover Gasket and Spark Plug Well Seals (Eurospare)
  • Crankcase Vent Hose (URO Parts)
  • New Alternator and Water pump Drive Belt
  • New A/C Drive Belt
  • New Supercharger Drive Belt (OEM Jaguar)
  • All 3 Idler Pulleys (OEM Jaguar)
  • Front and Rear Rubber Brake Lines (Raybestos)
  • Front and Rear Brake Pads (Akebono EURO Ultra Premium Ceramics)
  • Front and Rear Rotors (StopTec High Carbon, Slotted)
  • Fuel Filter (AC Delco)
  • Air Filter (Wix)
  • Radiator Mounting Bushings (OEM Jaguar)
  • A/C Condenser Mounting Bushings (URO Parts)
  • Engine Oil (Mobile 1 Synthetic)
  • Oil Filter
  • Coolant (Valvoline Zerex G-05)
  • Front Shocks (Monroe OE Spectrum)(I have the matching rears, but not installed yet.)
  • Crank Position Sensor (Lucas OEM Replacement)
  • Spark Plugs

Install/Repair...
  • Installed "Andy Bracket" (5 degree timing advance)
  • Brake Fluid Flush
  • Coolant Flush
  • Clean Throttle Body
  • Installed Oil Catch Can
  • Repainted, re-lettered and cleared coil cover and air inlet.
  • Repainted and Cleared Valve cover "British Racing Green"

Defects...not many. The headliner is sagging some, mostly in the back. The clock digits come and go like all Jags from this era. Last fall the sunroof made a noise when I tried to close it after using it in "Vent" for the first time. I then had to help it close by hand. It always worked fine in normal "Sunroof" mode and I used it a lot. It may still work fine in "Sunroof" but I have not tried it since then. The volume control on the radio can be touchy at times but AM, FM and the tape player works. I have not tried the 6 disc changer as I have no cartridge for it. The heated seats do not seem to work, but I read somewhere (maybe on here?) that they have an external temp sensor and only work when its below a preset temp? (I don't recall ever having it out when it was much below 55-60 degrees outside.) There is a small door ding in the right front fender I'm sure could easily be repaired by a "Paint-Less Dent" guy. It recently past Missouri's Bi-Annual Safety inspection. I just clay bared and waxed it. The area on the trunk just above the "Jaguar" emblem looks to have had a dealer tag removed and it left a ghost of where it was in the clear-coat. Take a look at the pictures and see what you think. Keep in mind I should have taken the pictures at a different time of the day as they have a lot of reflections from the clouds and such in them. I can send pictures of any part you may want more detail of. The price is $5,800. I will be listing it soon on Craigslist but I thought I would offer it here to the Jag enthusiasts first.
Thanks for looking...
Robert

Attached Thumbnails 1995 Jaguar XJR-1.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-2.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-3.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-4.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-5.jpg  

1995 Jaguar XJR-6.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-7.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-8.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-9.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-10.jpg  

1995 Jaguar XJR-11.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-12.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-13.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-14.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-15.jpg  

1995 Jaguar XJR-16.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-17.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-18.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-19.jpg   1995 Jaguar XJR-20.jpg  

1995 Jaguar XJR-21.jpg