PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[NorthEast]: 2003 Jaguar XJ8 (x308), 130k miles, needs rod bearings

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2003 Jaguar XJ8 (x308), 130k miles, needs rod bearings

I have a 2003 XJ8 for sale. Drove it from 70k to 130k. Silver, black interior.

It is in good condition overall except as mentioned below, has some spots where the clear coat

started coming up (hood, trunk, just under the drivers side window). Leather isn't bad, driver's seat has some wear and tear.

Biggest problem is that the car needs rod bearings. Jag dealership quoted about $1700 worth of labor and parts to change them out.

I'm an engineer by trade, and I took exceptional care of the car. My post history can verify, but a few of my repairs include:

• Totaly rebuilt Transmission
  • Rebuilt throttle body
  • new thermostat housing and internals
  • ABS computer fixed (rebuilt, re-soldered bad transistors)
  • New wheelspeed sensors
  • New Security and Locking Module (SLM).
...and that's just what I remember. I could have repaired the bearings myself but I decided that since it is my only car that I to get a more reliable, and I painfully have to put it on the market.

My price is $2000 or best offer.