PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Western US]: 99 Jaguar XK8 needs TLC

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 04:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 99 Jag XK8 Convertible needs TLC

I have a 1999 Jaguar XK8 for sale. In 2011 a rebuilt motor was put in with approximately 60000 miles on it. All plastic tensioners have been redone. However it got too hot and shut itself down. I have only tried to start it once or twice since then and it would not start. I'm not a mechanic and I have no idea what's wrong with it. I am told I could have blown up the motor but I don't know that for sure. It's anyone's guess. The battery is dead so it's just been sitting. I paid $11,000 for the motor in 2011. I'm praying it's not blown up but again I don't know. So I'm letting it go for cheap. It has a few dings on the outside and the seats have some tears in them. There's a small list of little Hang-Ups that jaguars seem to have. Let me know if you're interested. I'm in the Sacramento California area.

Last edited by Debbie Bean; 06-24-2017 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Change title
Old 06-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Asking????

What are you asking for the car?? Sounds like the motor is toast and the interior is rough

How many miles on the rest of the car and has any other major work been done (rebuilt trans, brake work, etc.,.)

Clean title and no back reg fees or penalties???

I'm just down in the San Jose area...

Old 06-25-2017, 10:36 AM
Received 107 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Hard of soft top? Pics?

As my title suggests, inquiring minds want to know whether it's a coupé or convertible. A picture or two might help. As already mentioned, asking price might help as well. With a bit more info, my son in law, in the Sac area, might want to take a look.

Best of luck with the sale!

Granville

Old 06-29-2017, 04:44 AM

Hi..sorry it's taken me a minute to respond. I am going to post a picture shortly. It's a convertible. It's a beautiful car I just can't afford to own a jaguar.
To answer a few questions...
The body has approx. 90,000 miles, but motor has about 50,000 miles on it.
It's gold with a tan top and interior
Front drivers seat has a tear in it
It is registered current in Washington state
(although I live in California)
No back fees
New fuel filter, brakes, thermostat & tower switched over to aluminum from plastic
Tensioner pulleys all replaced ( that' was the reason for the motor replacement in the first place)
New alternator (1 year)
Salvage title
interior good besides tear in seat
Asking $2000

Old 06-29-2017, 05:00 AM

99 XK8 Convertible<br/>Might need motor, not sure.<br/>$2000

Old 06-29-2017, 08:57 AM
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for the info. Salvage title and bad engine? Probably not the one for me..... That may be a better parts car........