PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[UnitedKingdom]: Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Sport automatic

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Sport automatic

For sale is my Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Sport auto.

Registration number is YH53 HZX, it was first registered 14/11/2003 and is HPi clear.

I have owned it since 11/10/2015 and the only reason it is for sale is that I have purchased a 2006 STR.

Exterior colour is platinum silver metallic with the warm charcoal leather sports seats and grey birds eye maple veneer, the optional boot spoiler has been fitted.

Current mileage is 101,300 and the MOT runs until 14/2/2017

Since I purchased the car it has had a new radiator, replacement headlamp unit (due to failed adjusters), uprated Philips headlamp bulbs, tracking / wheel alignment, new rear brake calipers + rear discs and pads.

I have also fitted heated seat elements (2 way) and a replacement steering wheel with working cruise control and stereo functions.

We also changed the gearbox oil and filter as a precaution, the gearbox changes smoothly and without lurching.

Alloys are the 17” Heracles 5 spokes fitted with four new Goodride tyres ('B' wet weather performance and 'C' fuel economy)

Audio system is the standard Jaguar audio with single slot CD + AM/FM radio.

There are 7 services in the book, the last one was carried out at 97,000 miles when I purchased the car. The complete handbook set and leatherette folder are also present.

Receipts from previous owner show that the heater control valve and header tank have already been replaced, both common failure items on this model. There are also several of the previous MOT's and service invoices.

The car is in very good condition overall but is not a show winner !

The alloys have some kerb damage, I tidied them up and repainted them (in silver) when I purchased the car but ran out of time before the final lacquer coat was applied.

Consequently they need another quick clean and blow over before lacquering them.

I will try to get this done myself to save the new owner a job (but no promises !)

There are various small mark and scratches but nothing serious, with a small amount of lacquer peel on the bonnet about the size of two 10p pieces.

Currently requires a 'smart' repair to the front plastic bumper due to a scuff on the passenger side.

Drivers side wing has some corrosion starting to show, which is another common S-Type issue, I have a replacement wing in the correct colour which just need some minor cosmetic tidying before fitting (I will supply this to the purchaser)

The fuel gauge has a mind of its own, usually reads '3/4 full' when it is full, tested the 'sweep' on the gauge and it is fine so suspect the fuel sender is the problem, used senders from £20 on ebay and easy access under the rear seat.

I have renovated the 'cloudy' plastic headlamp lenses with the Autoglym restoration kit, this has made a vast improvement to the cosmetic appearance, this, combined with the uprated bulbs has noticeably upgraded the level of illumination.

I viewed several S-Types of a similar age before purchasing this one and it stood out as an 'honest' car.

It is not 'mint', 'pristine' or any one of the other bulls**t phrases people use to describe 13 year old used cars !

But it is great to drive and puts a smile on my face.

My asking price is £1,500 cash, I am not interested in a part exchange thank you.

I can be contacted on 07791 689184, leave a message if necessary as I cannot always answer my phone.

You can also contact me via this forum, I am on here most nights.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Sport automatic-new-camera-pics-003.jpg   Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Sport automatic-new-camera-pics-004.jpg   Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Sport automatic-new-camera-pics-007.jpg   Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Sport automatic-new-camera-pics-014.jpg   Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Sport automatic-new-camera-pics-011.jpg  

Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Sport automatic-new-camera-pics-012.jpg   Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Sport automatic-new-camera-pics-013.jpg   Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Sport automatic-new-camera-pics-009.jpg  

Last edited by The Voices; 08-08-2016 at 05:14 PM.