PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Europe]: Twin-Screw kit for AJV8 engines (100 to more than 200 extra HP)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

On the one hand I know it is a "guy" thing to want more power for anything no matter what (a la Tim Allen). With cars, if you have 250HP you want 300HP, if you have 300HP you want 400HP, etc. etc. But it seems like it quickly hits the point of diminishing returns for most drivers once you hit the 300HP number, at least for folks that do all/most of their driving on normal commutes. Even then, the skills of most are such that even 300HP is more than most can handle if they are really pushing that 300HP car to the limit. So what is the point to crank up horsepower to 500HP and greater unless you consistently use the car to compete at the track or dragstrip?

I have had cars at all sorts of horsepower levels going from about 110HP in a Toyota Supra up to 400HP with my current XKR. While driving any of these cars under the circumstance under which I drive, with any given car the power was just right.

Doug

Old 04-14-2012, 01:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,063 Likes on 759 Posts

To keep in in the spirit of enhancing the power of this thread, you already said already something yourself:
“While driving any of these cars under the circumstance under which I drive, with any given car the power was just right.”

Varying power levels is also the good thing about the kit I have as you determine yourself what level you are interested in, and/or also set it right for a specific usage you want it for temporarily.

For me I just love the top setting (so 600hp), and am always happy when I have a chance to drive, its pure enjoyment all the time, even just knowing that you have this much power just on tap. And not to underestimate the extra waftabilty of the in (almost) abundance torque adds so much to driving enjoyment.

It is all about what you personally feel is right for your driving experience, so if you feel that 400 bhp is it for you, than just be happy I would say.

The following 2 users liked this post by avos:
Gazoo2 (01-26-2014), PaulCarr (09-11-2014)
Old 04-14-2012, 04:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking water

There will be reasonable people like Seismic and the ones who have to search the edge, like Andre. And there is a place under the sun for all of us, hoeraa!

I heard you speaking about race fuel ... Water/ethanol injection is better and in the same time cheaper, if you need the boost only at (some) traffic lights.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by avos
On paper I am more around the XKR-S

So youre doing 0-100km/h in 3.6-3.7?

Old 04-14-2012, 05:40 AM
Veteran Member

@Jaguar X300 Driver,
Why not drop by some day (as long as its dry…); I can let you feel what it’s like without additional supplements like racefuel/meth kits

@Fitnessrx
Please have a look at the full post (#73), I mention more than just that.

Most report about 4.2 to 4.4 seconds for a 0-100Kph time, but as explained in the post #73 many parameters play a role, so you will find deviations from this time.

What where the conditions for the 3.6 (or 3.7) times?

Old 04-14-2012, 06:00 AM

There is always one

jeengineering.co.uk do this for example, for £1842 they also port the heads, install larger/stronger exhaust valves and special seats.

That was a bit too pricy.

The MAF youre working on which one are you using?

Old 04-14-2012, 06:12 AM

@Jaguar X300 Driver,
Why not drop by some day (as long as its dry…); I can let you feel what it’s like without additional supplements like racefuel/meth kits

@Fitnessrx
Please have a look at the full post (#73), I mention more than just that.

Most report about 4.2 to 4.4 seconds for a 0-100Kph time, but as explained in the post #73 many parameters play a role, so you will find deviations from this time.

What where the conditions for the 3.6 (or 3.7) times?

What weather conditions etc I have no idea but youre right most says 4.2-4.4 so 3.6-3.7 for the XKR-S must be wrong.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by fitnessrx
That was a bit too pricy.

The MAF youre working on which one are you using?
Am using the Promracing one.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 AM

Will you outrun this from 20-200km/h? Just curious.

M60B40 Turbo Megasquirt - YouTube (It dosent start until 1min)

Another question.. You have done more mods than just the TS Supercharger but not the headers. Why not... Is stock headers sufficient even with the TS Supercharger, or is it good to have some back pressure left....Some other reason?

Old 04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

Will you outrun this from 20-200km/h? Just curious.
Hard to say, his shift speed/power control could use some improvement though.

Another question.. You have done more mods than just the TS Supercharger but not the headers. Why not... Is stock headers sufficient even with the TS Supercharger, or is it good to have some back pressure left....Some other reason?
Optimal headers are difficult on our cars as its very cramped, and some that tried have had issues with the heat. Prices for a system can easily go above $2000 for headers alone, and as the gains aren't known I am personally not interested, but if money isn't an object then why not try.

There is much more to an exhaust system then just back pressure or not, and you need to design it taking the intake/cams into consideration as well, so at most considering the cramped area it will always be a compromise of some sort.

So you need to decide for yourself what you want to achieve and then pick what suits that (or budget) best.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Default kenne bell upgrade

Hey, fellas I am new to the forum and I'm eager to hear about the kenne bell swap since I own a 03' str and am looking for upgrades.. I was gonna for a pulley swap coupled with porting but I would rather swap my s/c. Updates would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

Am working on it for the STR, earliest update I can give will be arround summer though.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:34 PM

Thanks bud.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Default Supercharger kit for a 2008 XKR

I just came across your thread today and am amzaed at the power you are able to produce by simply changing the stock super charger with a better designed super charger. After reading through the thread I don't recall seeing any information about whether you intended to create an SC upgrade kit for the 2008 XK-R. If yes, when is the expected release date and what is the expected price?

Thank you, your work is very impressive.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:05 PM

I actually think you could even get more hp out of it with LPG, but to do it right you might also have to change the valve seats, and possibly use stronger exhaust valves. I praise the practicality my car, and wouldn’t want to lose boot space for a LPG tank.

Imho it also just doesn’t feel right to add a different fuel system, being it meth kits, NOS or LPG to the XKR sports car, just as you wouldn’t want to do something like this with a Ferrari.

"Autogasexperts" in the UK...

"Hi, no it is not possible to get more power out of LPG. LPG is to save
money at normal driving manner and not for racing. We would not
recommend installing LPG if you are planing to race the car. It will
not work."

Old 04-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Veteran Member

"Autogasexperts" in the UK...

"Hi, no it is not possible to get more power out of LPG. LPG is to save
money at normal driving manner and not for racing. We would not
recommend installing LPG if you are planing to race the car. It will
not work."
I fully agree with them, not just because with racing you would use higher octane fuel, the added weight will also be a disadvantage, so no point in going LPG there.

However with street driving where you would have to compare normal octane fuel with the higher octane values of LPG, the latter will have the advantage in that you can run with a higher boost setting, and there you will be able to gain more power. But I am not advocating LPG in any way; you add complexity and possibly also need the headwork, and all other disadvantages that comes along with LPG.

Last edited by avos; 04-28-2012 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by carbonride
I just came across your thread today and am amzaed at the power you are able to produce by simply changing the stock super charger with a better designed super charger. After reading through the thread I don't recall seeing any information about whether you intended to create an SC upgrade kit for the 2008 XK-R. If yes, when is the expected release date and what is the expected price?

Thank you, your work is very impressive.
All I need is a car to make some detailed measurements. The setup I have in mind is much easier than for the 4.2XJR and STR so would be easy for me to make.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:28 PM

Short of me getting my car from America to Belgium, is there a possibility that you could get an '08 - '10 Jaguar XKR to measure? I am very much interested in procuring your twin screw super charger.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Veteran Member

Not need to ship it just jet, I will be at the big XK vent in the UK the 19th of May, and there will probably be one or 2 around.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 258 Likes on 198 Posts

Ship your car to Boston & I will install the kit for you. I have it on my car & love it.

Quick Reply: FS[Europe]: Twin-Screw kit for AJV8 engines (100 to more than 200 extra HP)