S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 STR Battery Completely Dead - Can't Get to It

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 04 STR Battery Completely Dead - Can't Get to It

So I'm in a pickle. I moved my STR out of the garage, and knew it had little life left in the battery, as it needed a jump. A few days later, there isn't even enough juice in the battery for the electric trunk/boot to release.

I've tried using the key, but I believe the Valet button had been pressed before the car died, and now the trunk (and therefore battery) is sealed. A friend has suggested some graphite lubricant, in case the lock has seized.

I tried opening the hood to see if there was a jump terminal near the front fuse box, but the wire has snapped so I can't get in at all (that's a different challenge).

I'm definitely open to suggestions. I haven't gotten under the car yet to see if there are emergency grounding/jump points I could use. A friend has also suggested a trickle charger which plugs into the cigarette lighter.

Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks

Old 07-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,236 Likes on 1,765 Posts

Posted a number of times but yes.
Under the passenger side wheel liner is a power post.

This is a Lincoln LS but same car in this area.

Attached Thumbnails 04 STR Battery Completely Dead - Can't Get to It-front-wheel-well-battery-post.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by clubairth1:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (07-18-2017), Norri (07-17-2017), ShiftDriftDream (07-17-2017)