S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 s type r nav wiring butchered

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 s type r nav wiring butchered

I recently purchased a str with 83,000 miles for a good deal because the nav unit wasn't working along with the radio and climate control system. Once I removed the nav module I discovered a bunch of cut and respliced wires and even a cut fiber optic cable that plugs into the nav unit!?!?! Turns out the previous owner attempted to put an aftermarket stereo in it and blindly hooked the wires back up. So I picked up the non nav climate control hookups and was going to install a stereo but cannot find the wiring diagram for the life of me. Is it as simple as just wiring up the non nav climate controls and throwing a stereo in? Or do I have to bypass the remote climate control system? It's getting cold out and a heater would be nice. I could live without a stereo for the time being. Climate control also flashes ext 50 51 if that helps.
thanks
matt

Old 10-25-2017, 02:42 PM
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,784 Posts

Learn to use the search function on this forum as many topics have been covered previously:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...c-31430/page2/

Post number 37 contains a PDF, which you can download and save the Electrical Guide to your computer.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:33 PM
Default Figured it out

So after searching for a few hours I found someone who did a nav to non nav conversion. They took the harness from the rccm and extended it to reach the standard climate control panel from a non nav car. So wired it a little bit ago and it works like a charm. Now I need to figure out the 12v and keyed on 12v and wire in a aftermarket stereo and clean up the butchered nav harness. Will get rid of the factory DVD, cd changer and amplifier and wire in a new amp to run the factory alpine system.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:41 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Use the link below for your 2003 wiring diagram.

Link http://jagrepair.com/images/Electric...al%20Guide.pdf

Old 11-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Total bummer, I would have fixed it correctly... I had the same issue when I bought mine.. the wire harness was butchered... I paid a top notch professional and said, "I want it back to original" ... Two weeks later I picked it up, you could never tell that it was once butchered.. It looked complete stock, from top to bottom.. New matching alpine speakers... Original amp, all wire harnesses back to original... customer for life ...

Old 11-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,767 Posts

While I certainly do admire factory repairs I think for the cost difference it would be hard to justify?

Thanks for reporting back on your repair success. As our cars get older that type of repair will be needed to keep them on the road.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:44 PM

I wish I could have paid someone to fix it properly but it would be to hard on the pocketbook to justify paying someone half the cars value to have a factory nav system/stereo that's prone for failure anyways especially since they cut the fiber optic cable pretty much flush with the cars main harness?!?!?! Will have the stereo done shortly while hopefully keeping the factory alpine amp and speakers.