Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.0 some oil in throttle body from PCV

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.0 some oil in throttle body from PCV

Hi everyone,

I have 2001r 4.0 S-Type and I've noticed that oil is leaking from throttle-end of PCV part-breather hose. Oil level was decreasing as well. Also throttle body was dirty from carbon. I searched forum and did cleaning procedure from TSB (one week ago). Today I cleaned throttle body with designated agent and noticed some oil on the entrance from PCV hose, entrance to the intake manifold is quite oily too. However there is no oil in air filter and intake tube. Engine is running good I think. Can some amount of oil flow into throttle through PCV hose or I did not correctly cleaned PCV. Or maybe it's caused by piston blowoff (I hope not - engine is 60k miles). Would appreciate all the help.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:10 AM
Received 133 Likes on 125 Posts

Check the epg valve. I have seen oil being pumped into the air intake of BMW 5 through that pipe. This is a system where you no longer see oil coming out off the the exhaust pipe unless the engine drops valve.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ducmon
Check the epg valve. I have seen oil being pumped into the air intake of BMW 5 through that pipe. This is a system where you no longer see oil coming out off the the exhaust pipe unless the engine drops valve.
Could you explain more? I couldn't find any information considering "EPG" in Jaguar 4.0. Did you mean EGR?

Old 07-14-2017, 02:32 PM
Received 133 Likes on 125 Posts

Yes sorry the auto spelling on my phone.

Have you checked the cylinder pressure as the 2000 cars suffered from bore wash.
If you go to the stickies you can down load the JTIS program electronic service manual.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:24 AM

Thank you, I already have JTIS from this forums
I checked another pipe and oil now seems to flow out of plastic hose connected to EVAP canister purge valve.