S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have carfax, I have the autocheck report? think this is a problem

Old 12-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have carfax, I have the autocheck report? think this is a problem

Well I have been looking/buying this 2003 STR 51k miles for about a week. Its a small independent used car dealer out of my state. He has his cars for sell on the internet mostly. I have talked to him, seems nice and straight forward, and he has given many pictures. In the beginning I asked if it had a clean history he said yes , he had ran a Experian Auto check. and I looked at it, there were no accident or anything like that. but I didnt notice till last night at the very end of the report. the car was repossed and sold at auction where he must have gotten it. He had told me he was driving the car and it looks like he has put 1,000 miles or so on it. I called the local jag dealer, when I first was looking at the car, they told me looked like it had been in for 3 normal services, had a brake recall done. had a complaint of a rattle , they replaced the muffler. later had a rear wheel liner replaced. the service guy seemed pretty happy with the service record, suggested i bring it in for the 50k service $330. I felt pretty good about all of this. Then this repo I missed in the report ( Again I missed this, he provided me the report, I looked at the clean acciden , clean title thistory. didnt really paya attention to the owner report) think its a big deal? can some run a carfax as a comparsion? Vin SAJEAV031M82219 Thanks

Old 12-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts
Default RE: Anybody have carfax, I have the autocheck report? think this is a problem

2 things on a repo,
1) good car and the owner was in $$ trouble
2)car had/has repair problems the owners either couldnt/wouldnt afford to fix(usually couldnt, for letting it get repo'd)
also small auto lots dont have mechanics or the equipment to do things like tires, alignments, maintenance, all things we do at a dealer before we sell, that way you dont have to buy a vehicle and spend money right off the bat on repairs or maintenance

Old 12-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anybody have carfax, I have the autocheck report? think this is a problem

I wouldn't be worried about a repo at all. Of course I have a habit of finding cars that need work for a real reasonable price, since I do all my work myself.